Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Story Behind the Name : #blogeverydayinfeb



When I started this blog, I named it on the whim - I didn't think about it a ton. I emailed a few bloggers that I loved, asked for tips and tricks, and (somehow) came up with the name "Everyday Southern Prep." Over time, as I wrote more and became more invested in the blog, I found that the name started to not explain who I was, and didn't motivate me to continue blogging - a big issue. 

After reading multiple books by Karen Kingsbury, I started to draw inspiration from her book titles, and thus, "A Thousand Tomorrows" was born. It's one of my favorite books by her and it can mean so many different things. 

I can't change my URL, but I can change the title and meaning of my blog - and that's something I love about blogging. 

xo

ps. It's not too late for you to join the challenge! See my original post for more details! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the fact that the mane of your blog and URL are different. Mine are too and I like it that way. It was awesome to hear a little about your backstory!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's sometimes odd having the name/URL different, but it's something that makes mine different! (And yours!) I'm glad you enjoyed this post.

      sydney

      Delete
  2. I think that's one of the great things about blogging. Websites can't be changed so easily, but blogs, now that's a different story! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Blogs are so personal and can be easily changed whenever!

      xo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...