Monday, February 3, 2014

Something That Scares You: #blogeverydayinFEB

Happy February! 

As I was scrolling through multiple blogs last night (all thanks to the #blogbreakfastinbed), I stumbled upon the blog Anchored in Love and couldn't stop exploring Jean's adorable blog. 
This month, she started a challenge called "Blog Everyday in February" Challenge - I couldn't pass up the offer! 
Even though I wasn't able to post the first 2 days, I will definitely be catching up on those in the first 2 days in March. 

Here's the schedule: 


In my life, I've overcome MANY things that scare me - and I couldn't begin to try and name them all. When I was little, I was scared of things like the dark, being home with a babysitter, etc. But now, as I am growing up and getting ready to plan my life for myself, the things that scare me are bigger and more intimidating. 

I think the biggest thing I'm afraid of is failure. It seems very generic, but it's something that I seem to struggle with quite a lot - I don't want to fail my science test, or bomb my math quiz. I don't want to seem like a failure after not making something in vocal. I hate not making the same grade as everyone else in the class on a seemingly easy project. It frustrates me and stresses me out. I think the fear of failure is one of the key connections to stress - there's really no way to fear without stressing. 

I'm always fearful of not being good enough, which is somewhat linked to failure. I feel like I'm not being a good enough friend, Christian, person (in general), student, sister, or daughter. (It's a tough feeling, too, if you've ever felt it!) 

The fears just get bigger and bigger. 

I don't know how to overcome them, because they're things that I will come to face on a daily basis. I don't think I'll ever not fear the thought of failure, I never won't stress about something, I won't ever stop questioning whether or not I'm good enough in a certain situation. 
But. 
If I ask God for guidance and help, He will give me a miracle with what I have and what I show him I can do. I just have to be willing and ready, right? 

It's not too late to join this challenge for the month! If you're completing the challenge also, feel free to leave your blog URL and I would LOVE to read your posts. 

Happy Monday!


6 comments:

  1. I am definitely most afraid of failing or letting someone I love down. So hard to overcome those two things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super hard, but I accept the challenge!

      xo

      Delete
  2. I am also a person who's biggest fear is failure. So I know what you mean!!! I really like the idea of a blogging every day challenge! Cant wait to see what you do on other days!!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    http://thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And remember it's not too late to join - there are links that will take you to the "founders" post above!

      xo

      Delete
  3. So glad you're joining us in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a lot of fun doing it! Your prompts are fantastic!

      xo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...