Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Hard Lesson Learned : #blogeverydayinfeb

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yesterday and Today's blog posts are getting deep ... yesterday, I was talking about my dreams and goals, and today I'm talking about a hard lesson learned. But, with this said, I'm glad that I get to participate in such a fun challenge! 

Trying to come up with a hard lesson learned is harder than I thought. Not trying to say I haven't learned a lesson. Because I have. (trust me) I've learned lessons about friends, my family, my faith, and quite a few other things.

I've had quite an adventure with friends, learning who my true ones are and what kinds of qualities I want in a friend. Transitioning from middle to high school was quite an adjustment because I don't see the same people all the time. It may be the same campus, but it feels much more spread out. 

I had been sitting with the same group of girls for 3 years, and a few of us felt like it was time for a change, to branch out, and just meet some new girls. I joined a new table, but for some reason, it just didn't click with me, I wasn't feeling "at home". 

After a month or two of trying, I branched off from that group with 2 of my girlfriends, and started (finally) feeling like we were home. We have a small group of about six girls, but it's honestly the best group. We have enough girls to have a fun Friday night, and not too many where it's a hassle to get us all together. 

The Lesson I Learned? I finally learned what it felt like to have the best group of girls after a few months of struggling. I had to pray quite a few times, had to trust that it would just all work out in the end - and I am so glad that it did. I could't be more thankful for my girls, as they pick me up when I am having a rough day, make me laugh until I'm crying, and let me talk for hours when I need to vent. 

Faith is a big component. It's all in my head and I can't begin to write it all. It's been tough, as freshman year has been kicking my butt and I (sometimes) can't see the purpose in everything, but I know there is one. 

What's your "hard lesson learned"? 

xo

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think that one of the hardest lessons to learn is accepting the fact that some friends wander out of your life and sometimes you just have to move on and find different people to be around. I'm glad that you've found a lovely group of friends now!

    P.S. new follower via Bloglovin' - I love love love your blog!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderfully said! I couldn't have said it better.
      Thanks for the follow!

      xo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...