Saturday, February 22, 2014

Anxiety/Stress/Fear : #blogeverydayinfeb

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Anxiety. Stress. Fear. Three words I despise, but have learned how to handle.

This post couldn't have come at a better time. 

These past 2 days, and these past 2 weeks in general have been insane. Last Monday, I left school stressed, tired, and struggling to find motivation. My agenda was a mess and I was beginning to lose it. 
The ice days were the best thing that could have happened that week. I was able to re-evaluate my situation, organize myself, get caught up on work, and have some time alone. After picking school back up on Valentine's Day, I couldn't have been more excited for the long weekend and more time for myself. 

After these past two days, I don't even remember having Monday off, because this week has felt like a stressful, full 5 day week. Going into the week, I felt organized, energized, and ready to go. I had my blog posts planned, was ready to allot time Wednesday night to blog more, and I was overjoyed that my concerts were postponed. (I don't know how Sarah is still standing, she just participated in our school musical and performed in 10 shows.)

That all (completely) changed when I finished Tuesday. (read : French "pop" quiz, French verbal test, Math test, English paper, Science Quiz/Reading, PE test, Vocal Concert Thursday) 

Thursday was rough. Our Vocal Concert, that was 12 hours away, was giving my anxiety because of how under prepared I felt. I took a math test that I felt good on, until I realized I messed up on 8 of the questions. And French - I had a pop quiz that I didn't do so hot on, and have an oral test coming soon that I'm freaking out about. 

I was under so much stress, I had a complete break down Thursday night. I couldn't think, had so much on my mind, and the to-do list was infinite. I called up a friend, talked it out, and go to work. I can't say how I did on my quiz and test yesterday, but I know one thing : I'm surprised that I made it through yesterday without breaking down a second time, falling asleep in class, or being in a terrible mood. I may have gotten five hours of sleep, but I was (surprisingly) energized and ready to work. 

Today, I'm supposed to be sharing my tips for dealing with anxiety/fear/stress. But I think it's sometimes more valuable to read about a real life situation and show that you're not the only one stressing about every little thing. Yes, I have tips, but I've gotten used to certain stress levels that I just deal with it when it gets thrown at me. 

MY TIPS FOR A STRESSED YOU ::
Don't be afraid to Ask for Help or Say No // How self explanatory is this? Ask for help from a friend, parent, or teacher. If you have too much on your plate, ask someone to help you out with something simple that will ease the stress. Also, don't be afraid to say no! If you can't add something else to your list, don't. It will only cause more stress and anxiety.

Call a Friend! // I had to call a friend Thursday night in tears. Call someone you trust and know will let you talk and will give great advice back to you. Sometimes hearing your best friend's voice is better than talking over text.

ORGANIZE. // Utilize your Agenda and Calendar! Write out everything: due dates, tests, appointments, extra-curricular activities, etc. It will help you to plan out each night as to what you can/can't handle. 

Take YOU Time. // After studying for an hour, get yourself a cup of coffee, go for a walk/run/bike ride, read a magazine; even a simple 15 minute break outside will help you clear your mind and motivate you. 

Pray and Motivate. // Pray continuously. Spend time reading the word, asking for guidance and peace, and focus. It's sometimes hard to see God in all the rush, but when you do it's worth it. 

I've really missed blogging, and I can't wait to finish up my February Blog Challenge! It's been such  great experience and has helped me to stay organized when it comes to blogging. I hope to share my experiences with you at a late time!

How do you deal with stress/anxiety/fear?

xo

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing better now! We dont need you to end up crazy!!! :) But your question is how do I deal with stress? Well, I dont. Not very well at least. I am really bad when it comes to trying not to think about everythign I have going on. I get overwhelmed pretty easily. But I am tryign to handle it. I always paint my nails when I get too ovwhelmed! :) I hope your weekend is good Sydney!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tips are great! Praying is definitely my number one way to cope with stress, followed by "me time." Sometimes you just need a little time to yourself to do yoga, soak in the bathtub, or get your nails done. Afterwards I always feel so refreshed. Hang in there!!! I'll be praying for ya!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! "Me Time" is always an essential, whether it is going on Pinterest for 15 minutes or exercising.

      xo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...