Saturday, February 8, 2014

music is what feelings sound like : #blogeverydayinfeb

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Starting this year, I've begun listening to music more and more often. I've never been a big music listener, but something about listening it during the morning/afternoon bus ride, as I get ready, showering, etc., just motivates me and helps to calm my nerves or any anxiety I may have. 

I don't necessarily have music that "moves me", but I've always had a love for great Christian jams, such as songs by Brandon Heath, Casting Crowns, and Britt Nicole. (any other suggestions?) 

My friend, Emily, introduced me to Lorde last year (and I've seen how much Kira loves her) and I had to give her a try. So glad I did. I'm in love with her music because it's just so different from what we are so used to hearing on the radio. 
Another artist Emily recommended was Lenka and Sara Bareilles - and I (again) am so glad that I tried listening to their music. 

I also have a love for listening to Spotify or Pandora, as I also like listening to a variety. (suggestions on stations?) Carly makes Playlists (example here) on her blog and also "posts" them onto Spotify, so I like to listen to her playlists, as they are great to work to! 

What music moves you? I would love suggestions! 

xo

5 comments:

  1. Right now the only thing I am listening to is the Frozen soundtrack...No shame... But I am a HUGE Dave Barnes Fan! Anything by him really. But the first two songs i heard from him were "Until You" and "I Have and I always will" and those are great! So check him out!!! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH I am so obsessed with Frozen and I have absolutely no shame. I keep watching it online and I think I fall more in love with it every time!
      xoxo
      AnnMarie
      http://annmariebanasik.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. I will have to try Dave Barnes out - he sounds great!
      I LOVE Frozen too! Coming from an art school, I have quite a few obsessed friends! (:

      xo

      Delete
  2. I am currently obsessed with the Ben Rector radio. It is so amazing and calming so it is easy to study to!
    xoxo
    AnnMarie
    http://annmariebanasik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try that radio out sometime! Thanks for the suggestion!

      xo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...