Monday, February 10, 2014

Love Must Be Sincere & Connecting : #blogeverydayinfeb

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This month, I'm concentrating on Love, so naturally that's what I am learning this season. I covered the subject a lot on the original post, but throughout the month I'm learning more and more. Focusing on love during a month that's all about it makes it that much easier to achieve my goal. 

I've realized one thing - I think it's actually a good thing that I'm single. I get to spend more time with friends and not have the drama that seems to accompany high school relationships. I get to spend the weekends with my best friends; this weekend I went to see a play with 2 girlfriends, and Saturday night at a movie with another. We can all plan something fun for Valentine's Day because we're all alone (ah. again. #lonerlife) But we have more fun together. 

I've also seen (more clearly) that it's hard to love yourself in a world that is constantly making comparisons to other people. I don't know if it gets easier as life goes on, but in high school it's a constant struggle. Yes, maybe I want to give up a certain food, but I also want to live my teenage life, because I'll never get these years back. Maybe I want to workout 5 days a week, but I think that (personally) I would rather spend 2 or 3 of those days with my family or with friends, or focusing on school (nerd). I'm trying to make it a habit to go and workout, but some days it just doesn't work. Yes, it will be easier when I can drive (still need to get my permit), but for now I have to deal with what I have. Overall, I'm still working on this aspect but, over time, my goal will be accomplished. 


But I'm also learning how important it is to connect with other people in the "blog world". There are such great people out there that are bloggers, and they're willing to help you if you ask - no matter what. They'll give you feedback if you need it, tell you how to change a font, color scheme, who's best to do a blog redesign, or to sponsor for. It's amazing.  Twitter is such a great way to connect, which I've found to be very true throughout the past few months, so much that I'm becoming addicted. 

What are you learning this season? 

xo

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are okay with being single right now. So many girls are not okay with being single...like ever. And they never find themselves...who they are. So I am so happy to see this post!!! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It can be hard, saying I'm okay with being single (especially in High School!)!

      xo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...