Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tea Talk Tuesday : Dana from Pink Champagne Problems


One of the goals that I set for myself when I turned 15 was to start a new series for the blog and I couldn't think of a better time to start one than Summer! 
I look up to other accomplished bloggers on the daily, so deciding to start "Tea Talk Tuesday" and interview some of my favorite bloggers was a simple decision. 

This week for my first installment, I have interviewed Dana from Pink Champagne Problems. She was super excited to get my questions answered as soon as she could, because she started her job yesterday! (Make sure you go and congratulate her!) 


Tell us a little bit about yourself!
Well, hi I'm Dana! I'm a 21 (almost 22) year old college graduate and I live in Staten Island, a borough of New York City. I attended Marymount University in Arlington VA and graduated with a Bachelor's in Communications. I have a slight obsession with Veuve Clicquot champagne - hence the title of my blog. Some of my other favorite things include sushi, running, reading, Starbucks, and hockey. 

How long have you been blogging and what motivates you to write every day?
I've been blogging since October 2012 - I actually started the blog for my University, I was part of the Admissions bloggers. I slowly went from blogging about my school to blogging about clothes and fashion. I'm definitely motivated by my readers, and all of the great connections I've made through blogging! It's a really great creative outlet!

How do you handle your job/school and your blog?
I've always played some sort of sport or was involved in something in college, so I'm actually pretty good at time management. I also really just love blogging, so it's not so much of just something I need to get done, I enjoy doing it.

Congrats on Graduating this May! How are you enjoying your new job?
Thank you! I just started my job, so I'm still in the early stages of training and everything. But I'm 99.9% sure I'll love it. Last year, I decided I wanted to be a merchandiser instead of a buyer and go into menswear instead of womenswear....so I chased my dream and here I am!

Where do you love to shop?
J.Crew, ASOS, Zara, and Gap.

How would you describe your style?
I would describe it as classic with a twist. I love oxfords, and preppy pieces that I can have in my closet forever. Sometimes, I feel like adding something different to my outfit, such as a statement necklace, printed pants, a leather jacket, etc.

What are some of your essentials in your closet? 
Oh boy! Here we go : My J.Crew Downtown Field Jacket, a black maxi dress, a crisp oxford...or two, the perfect pair of flats, a well-fitted blazer, and a multi-strand pearl necklace.  

What are some of your favorite posts that you’ve written?
I love outfit posts because I know that's what I personally love seeing on other blogs - these are my top three outfit posts I've done.
I also do an interview series called The Style Mind, and my favorite interview had to be with Carly of The College Prepster and Sydney of Summer Wind

What are some of your daily reads? 

Where can we find you on social media?
YAY! Social media, I love connecting with my readers! I'm on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest! Stop by and say hello!

What are your favorite movies/books/music?
Movies : My favorite movies are pretty random: Peter Pan, because I'm a child. Bridesmaids, because it doesn't stop being funny. The Town and The Departed, because sometimes I need a little action in my life.
Books : My favorite books are anything by Jodi Picoult, she is absolutely amazing and so talented. 
Music : I listen to all different types of music, but I'm a gigantic Justin Timberlake fan (see why here), I love him! I listen to a lot of Jay Z too....he's cool. And then my favorite type of music is country - I don't think there's a country song I don't like!

Go and show Dana some love and tell her that I sent you! (You won't regret it!) 

xoxo 

P.S. If you're interested in being interviewed in this series, feel free to email me 
(athousandtomorrowsblog {at} gmail {dot} com) or comment below! 

P.P.S. I'm on the hunt for a new bag (grad gift!) and am torn between the Kate Spade Little Minka and Little Curtis. If you have either one or know someone that does (and I can talk with them!) let me know by emailing me or commenting below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...