Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Camp Checklist


Yesterday I shared what my typical camp outfits look like for two weeks, and today I am sharing the essentials I wouldn't think about leaving the house without! Even though I am not really camping (I'm staying in dorms on a High School Campus), the majority of these items are applicable to all camps. 

I've gone to summer camps for as long as I can remember, since at least 2nd grade, so I've experienced my fair share of time away from home. It's never easy the first day or two, but once camp gets going, my fears and nerves go away and I end up having the time of my life! (read : I don't want to go back home!) After leaving home for two weeks last summer and not knowing what to expect, I left home with some essentials that I wish I would have taken with me. In result, this summer my packing list is down to the specifics! 

Links :: 
CamelBak Water Bottle // Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!
Moleskin Classic Notebook // For taking notes in classes/sermons or "journaling" while you're away!
Pens // Something to write with, need I say more?
Stationary // Write home, send snail mail to friends!
Stamps // You need a way to send your snail mail! 
Kind Bars // Snack are essential - also include oreos, gummies, and chocolate!)
Old Navy Flip Flops // You never know how dirty the showers are going to be, so cheap/old flip flops are essential!
Watch // Keeping time, and as a music student, a metronome! 
Fifteen Minutes & Someday, Someday Maybe // (or any easy and light read!) I love reading before bed while I am at camp instead of watching Netflix on my mini iPad, so bringing some fun books with me is a must! 
Pop Up Laundry Bag // Carry your laundry to the washer and dryer in style! It's also easy to keep it all in one place and transport it easily. 
Shower Caddy // When sharing a bathroom with other girls, toiletries get mixed easily, especially when it comes to the shower! Keeping a cute caddy or simply a plastic tin is an easy way to keep your toiletries separate from everyone else's! 
Kate Spade Crossbody // While at camp, we are allowed to go out into the city of Greenville twice a week with a counselor. A small crossbody (or purse of some kind!) is always smart to bring to throw your phone, wallet, and other small essentials into for a fun night out. 
North Face Recon Backpack // I am so glad I decided to bring my backpack to camp last year, because it was the easiest way to carry all of my essentials (binder, waterbottle, notebook, pens, book, phone, etc.) around! 
Kate Spade Coin Purse (similar) // A small and functional way to keep your money and ID with you! 
Quilted Toiletry Bag // Same deal as the shower caddy, it's a fun and stylish way to keep your toiletries neat and together! 
Headphones // If you're allowed to bring electronics to camp, bringing headphones is not a bad idea! 
Sunglasses // Pretty self explanatory, but if you're planning on spending a lot of time in the sun and outside, make sure you protect those eyes! (and hydrate!) 
Some items I didn't include that I know I will be taking for my specific camp include sheets, towels, quarters (for the laundry machine), lanyard, and laundry detergent + dryer sheets. 
What would you take to your summer camp that isn't on this list? 

xoxo
P.S. Before I leave, (and don't worry, there will be scheduled posts!) I will make sure to share my address for camp with you - so feel free to use some cute stationary! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you get to go this camp! Its a great experience!!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Elizabeth! you've been following my journey to get to this intensive for a while, and it's meant so much to me!

      xoxo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...