Saturday, June 21, 2014

summer essentials

Happy Summer! 


Although it's felt like summer here in Charleston since the end of April, it is officially summer today and I couldn't be more excited! Throughout middle school, summer was just 3 long months between grades; but, now that I've experienced my first year of high school and actually realized how amazing 3 months away from school is, I am definitely taking advantage of this time off! 

There are a few items that are crucial during the hot summer months, no matter where you live! 

summer essentials
ONE : Water Bottle // Guys. It is SO SO important to stay hydrated any time, but even more crucial in the summer. When spending lots of time outdoors and in the heat, your body will definitely thank you after a nice cold drink of H2O! 

TWO : Portable Charger // I've had one of these chargers for a long time but haven't gotten the chance to really use it until now. If I have to run errands or just spend an extended time out of the house, I will throw this charger into my cross body and I'll be set! Definitely think about investing in one if you haven't yet - these chargers saved me when traveling in Italy this past April and will definitely come into use when going to camp and vacation later this month. 

THREE : Chinos and a Tee // My go to outfit in the summer (when the heat is unbearable) is a cute pair of solid or printed shorts and a classic and comfortable tee. I recently started wearing more V-Neck tees after they were on sale at Gap and I can confidently say that they're so versatile and so fun to style! 

FOUR : Sandals // You honestly cannot go a summer without breaking out your favorite sandals/flip flops. I received a pair of Jack Rogers (similar) a few months ago and I love them! 

FIVE : Cross-Body Bag // I recently received the Kate Spade Little Minka (it's on MAJOR sale!) and am surprised as to how much I love it! (Updated What's in My Purse to come!) The color is so versatile which I love. If you haven't already, think about investing in a nude colored purse - you won't regret it! 
There are also so many smaller options that will fit the summer essentials you need and they're all reasonably priced!

SIX : Light Summer Read // Summer is my time to catch up on reading that I haven't been able to do throughout the school year! Light, easy, funny, and inspirational (and page-turner!) reads are my go tos. 


One thing I didn't list is a good summer playlist! Great music and a great summer go hand in hand. 

What are your summer essentials? 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love Something Blue, I read the sequel too! I'll definitely have to check out your other reads. Lovely post!

    Emily | E is for Elegance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read the series! I've heard great things about it.

      xoxo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...