Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Reading

image via }

For me, Summer is the time that I finally get to read all of the books I have been hearing so much about the past 8 months while I have been in school. I love taking a book with me to the pool, beach, out on the back porch, and throwing one into my purse for the day. I always try and take a break from the day, between chores, blogging, and errands, to sit and read for at least 20 minutes. Taking an easy read outside to loose yourself in is perfect! 

My Summer Reading list is pretty extensive, but I've included just a few of the books that I am most excited to dive into this summer : 

Allegiant (I know, I'm late to the bandwagon.)
Girl in Translation
If I Stay (This is in the process of becoming a movie, so I have to read it before it comes out.)
The Maze Runner (Also in the process of becoming a movie!) 
An Abundance of Katherines (or any books by John Green!) 
The Last Summer
Before Midnight, A Retelling of "Cinderella" 
My Story (Elizabeth Smart)
The One and Only
Off Balance : A Memoir
The Time Traveler's Wife
Shallows : What the Internet is Doing to our Brains
Redeeming Love 
The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls
Home (Julie Andrews)
The Cuckoo's Calling
Girls in Trucks
Proof of Heaven
and so many more ... 

I really love Realistic Fiction (what you'll find most of on my list), but I also have started to really enjoy Non-Fiction Memoirs/Biographies. And it's always fun to step out of my comfort zone and read some other genres. 

If you have any suggestions, or have (good/bad) reviews about these books, let me know! 

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I love reading in the summer time! I read The Cuckoo's Calling last year and absolutely loved it! I just came back from vacation and read a tonne of books! I just finished Anna & the French Kiss - it was the perfect light summer beachy read! The whole divergent trilogy is still on my to-read list - I just can't get into all of the hype!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to read The Cuckoo's Calling! I will have to try Anna and the French Kiss while I am traveling this summer - light reads are the best!

      xx

      Delete
  2. You and I are so similar!!! I MUST read the book before the movie comes out!!! I definitely recommend The Book Thief! It is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read and seen the Book Thief and I loved it!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. If I Stay is sooo good! I cannot wait for the movie! I just finished the sequel yesterday and I love it!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...