Friday, April 11, 2014

Study Tips for Finals - Elizabeth from Closer than Yesterday

Elizabeth from Closer than Yesterday

***

Hey there to all you ladies and other peoples! My name is Elizabeth and I am the guest blogger for today! WOOOOOOOO! I hope that Sydney is have a fantastic time in Italy and hope she brings me back a virtual present ;) Anyways I am the blogger at my corner of the interwebs at Closer Than Yesterday (<--- is a link to my blog! Wooo!) 


So when I found out I was going to be guest blogging in April I kinda had a mini panic attack. I am so busy this month. From my man candy and mine's anniversary, to his birthday, to us running to color run, to finals. FINALS?!?! I said it my friends...Finals are QUICKLY approaching! I just wanted to give you guys some tips that I use to get my study-udy on! 
1.) Turn off your Phone/Laptop/iPod/iPad/heart monitor(haha jk leave the last one on if you have one! Cant have you literally dying from studying!) :: This might be the hardest one. But seriously it will help you the most. When the temptation of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (This is the one that gets me! I love me some Insta-stalking!) is there, there is no way on earth your whole brain will be focused on what it needs to be focused on! 
2.) Bring out the Highlighters. In multiple colors. We are color coding this baby! :: I always try to highlight one section (in the book) in one color and then highlight in the same color in my notes. And then change it up for each section. Having the color stimulation is great to get the ole brain juices flowing! And your little bit of photographic memory that normal people have will key in on the corresponding colors! 
3.) Use tabs to tab up the pages that are important :These are the tabs I am referring to! When you find an important section in your book (a heading maybe or even a vocab word) go ahead and tab the page. Write on the tab what it is you're tabbing there. This is also really helpful if the book is a rental or just simply isn't yours. I like to do each chapters in different color tabs. This helps especially when I have a test on multiple chapters of info! 
4.) Flash Cards :: This might seem a little juvenile but seriously, TRUST ME! There is a reason you made these for every test in first grade. Make sure you make them yourself. Writing out the flashcard is also an AWESOME way to review the information! I make my flashcards a few days before the test and try to keep them with me. I have caught myself doing my flashcards while I do my hair in the mornings! *It is better to actually manually write the information but if you HAVE TO type it, I recommend the site Study Blue.
5.) Study With A friend :: This one completely depends on the person. Some people learn better when they review with another person, some people don't. Personally, I only like someone to help me with my flashcards because I get distracted easily if I have a friend there! 
6.) Take SHORT BREAKS :: This is VERY important. If you are planning to be studying for a while, make sure to give yourself breaks. But not LONG breaks. I mean like a 15 minute break after an hour of studying kinda thing. It is proven that if you can give your brain a little break but still keep the information kinda still in there, you learn it faster! So take a break! Eat you some crackers, drink a glass of water, take a walk around the house, that kinda thing! Be nice to your brain! 
7.) Chew or eat something you can eat during the test. Or put on lotion that you can wear the day of the test :: It is proven that smells are the one of the top thought triggering things. So a lotion that you wear when you study and then on the test day can bring back the memories of the information. Same with eating something while you study. 
Those are my best and favoritest study tips. I hope your finals are easy and may the odds be ever in your favor! :) 



post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...