Monday, April 14, 2014

How To Shop on a Budget & Stay Stylish! - Neidelyn from Get Up and Dress Up

Neidelyn from Get Up and Dress Up

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be guest blogging for Sydney today! Sydney has been my Grey's Anatomy discussing friend since January and every time I watched an episode and had a lot to say ... I emailed Syd! Plus, I love her blog so I'm so excited to guest-blog! I have a fashion blog and fashion is my greatest passion. (Didn't mean to rhyme there!) I'm the go-to girl when any of my friends have fashion questions and so many people tell me "Neidelyn, you need to take me shopping". I promise I'm getting to a point. So when I take go shopping, whether its helping someone or just for myself, the following problem always comes up: the money problem. 

Being a teenager, you don't have whole lot of cash to spend on new clothes every weekend, unless you're Blair or Serena. Even adults still shop on a budget because to some people clothes may not be a huge priority. I'm no rich girl but I love fashion and staying up to date with the latest trends, so I had to develop a strategy to always look my best without breaking mine or my parent's wallets. Here are my top tips & tricks to shopping on a budget: 

First of all, we need to determine one thing. There are some items you simply can't slide around the large price tag. I'm talking designer bags and shoes. I believe you could be wearing really anything but if you're bag or shoes are amazing, nothing else really matters. I'm not saying everyone should own a Chanel bag or a Celine...because really not everyone needs one. But, you could buy a structured bag from places like Zara or Mango for much cheaper if a designer bag is not on your list of priorities. So that's my first tip on looking great, have a great bag. It could be designer or it could be a look alike, just make sure it looks good. 

Invest in classic pieces. You need to really determine what you're style is. Thankfully, I did a whole blog post on finding your personal style if you're feeling confused. Once you know what you're style is, you can start investing in pieces you will get a lot of wear out of. If you know you wear blazers a lot, buy a good one that is going to last you a long time. It may be more expensive, but it will actually save you money in the long run. Also, depending on wear you live, investing in outerwear can be really important, too. I live right next to New York City, so the weather here fluctuates a lot. So, if you live somewhere colder, buy an amazing coat that will look fabulous with anything you wear. However, wherever you live, I think every girl should own a trench coat. They're classic, simple, and easy to wear. 

Don't ever buy anything full priced, unless you have to. I live by this rule. When I go into pricier stores, the items I like are really expensive. But, everything goes on sale, trust me. Every price always goes down. It's all about keeping you eyes on things and check up on them. I can't even begin to tell you all the times I buy things for half the price then the first time I saw it. Never buy anything full price at expensive stores, it'll go on sale and then you'll wish you would have just waited.

Know how to deal with coupons. If you sign up for email updates from your favorite stores they usually send you coupons or let you know when sales are going on. Also, many stores send you coupons through the mail. My mom and I use our holy-grail app called Retail Me Not where you type in a store and you could either use an online code or use it in-store by showing your phone. It's really great and comes in handy!

Use stores like Forever 21 or H&M for trendy pieces. These stores always have the latest trendy things for a great price. That way, you won't be spending 80$ on a trendy piece you'll only wear a couple of times. I swear, Forever 21 barely ever has anything over 30$. A lot of times, you find really great things there. These are the kind of stores you could buy full priced!

I hope my tips were helpful and you keep them in mind next time you're shopping! Plus- thanks to Sydney for letting me guest post on her blog & I hope you guys keep up with me on my own blog! 

stay fab
xo,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...