Wednesday, April 23, 2014

ITALY : Venice

After spending a fantastic day in Venice, we journeyed to Verona, the city known for its gondola rides, great food, and St. Mark’s Basilica and Square. Verona is made up of 113 islands, and there are no cars. All forms are by boat or walking, as there are multiple bridges not suitable for Vespas or bikes. (Yes! This means that Emergency Vehicles travel by boat ONLY!)

I think this will be the post with the most pictures. I found Venice to be super photogenic (all of the canals, churches, and sqaures) and so I had to capture each moment. 

      Ferry ride to Venice



Dropped Concert Attire at Murano Glass Factory
Toured Murano Glass Factory, Purchased Glass Items

Guided Tour of St. Mark’s Basilica and Square from Local 






Check out our Improptu Concert! (With No Binders - EEK!)

 Lunch and Gondola Ride







 Prepare for Conce
 Walk to Church, Rehearse, and Perform 
      
         



Shopping and Gelato


Ferry Ride, Bus Ride to Padova

Venice is up on my top 3 favorite cities we visited. I loved the feel and the brief history of the city. The Gondola Ride was so much fun and definitely worth the hefty price. It’s a unique way to see such an amazing city.
The pick-pocketers were definitely in St. Mark’s Square, so I suggest bringing some sort of small crossbody that will always be in your sight.
Also – backpacks are not allowed in many Basilicas, so keep that in mind when packing for day trips! 

Stay Tuned!  Tomorrow is Ravenna! 

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! And I loved watching the video of your concert! I found you right away! :) I think its really cool there are no cars!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All you have to do is look on the back row - you'll find me stationed there most of the time! (:

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lunch! On a gondola!? You are living the dream, so jealous! Looks simply marvelous!!

    Danica

    http://lovedanica.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Venice when I went! It is one of the more confusing cities to walk around in though! Looks like fun!
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very confusing, but worth all the walking!

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. You are seeing such awesome stuff! You are going to be so busy!!!! :) I cant wait for pictures and what not! :)
    how to plan a european vacation

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...