Thursday, April 10, 2014

Packing for a Non-Beach Spring Break Trip! - Julianna from Sass del Sur

Julianna, Sass del Sur

***

Hey y'all, it's Julianna from Sass del Sur, and today I am going to be giving you my tips for packing for a non-beach Spring Break trip! Because let's be real, not everyone goes to the beach every spring. Personally, my family hasn't gone to the beach in quite some time, and for the past three spring breaks, we've been to Kentucky each time.

Here are my tips to ensure a perfect non-beach Spring Break!


The Ten Day forecast from March 21


































Check the weather! // Depending on where you are going, the weather could still be cold, or it could finally be getting warmed. I am constantly checking Lexington's weather hoping that it will start to get a little warmer. (I mean, it snowed at the beginning of March!)


The week before you leave check the averages and whether or not it's is suppose to be rainy/cold then plan your wardrobe from there.



































Create a tentative list... // Thing of everything you could want to wear/bring on the trip and write it down. Get it all down on paper. And pull it all out from your closest and lay it out.













Then a make a real list from the tentative list // Go through the first list and see what you really, really want to bring. Only bring the essentials. I mean, do you really think you are going to need five pairs of shoes for a week trip? Probably not. (Except I will probably be bringing at least four pairs of shoes... whoops.)
Make sure to bring your real list with you on the trip, so that way when your packing up to leave, you don't leave anything behind! Because we've all be there when we have left our favorite sunglasses or favorite necklace behind. 

Another way to cut down on what you are bringing is to plan outfits for every day you are there. I make a list of the "special" days, and I decide what I am going to wear. Like what I am going to wear when I am traveling or when I go to Keeneland. I do this, but then I bringing some extra clothing just in case I change my mind. :)

Using the real list, let's get packing // Grab your adorable luggage, and let's get packing.

















Packing Tips:
-I first pack my shorts, shirts, and athletic shorts/leggings on the bottom.
-Then I pack my "nicer" stuff on the top. Like my nicer shirts and "packable" dresses aka ones that don't wrinkle easily.
-I kinda put my shoes around the stuff on the top, so they don't get the nice stuff dirty.
-I don't pack my super, super nice stuff or things that can get easily wrinkled. I keep those out and hang them in our car.
-I use my backpack or Vera Bradley string bag to keep my face wash, makeup, and other stuff like that.

I hope you all have a wonderful Spring Break no matter what you are doing!

xx, Julianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...