Monday, April 28, 2014

ITALY : Florence

Similar to our day in Ravenna, we kept the day simple and got to really experience the city. My favorite part of Florence? The Market with all the leather goods, scarves, and nick-knacks.  

I think I have the most pictures today on the blog! (It may grow tomorrow and Wednesday - that's ROME!) 

Walking Tour with Local Guide
   Visited small church
   2 "Pop Up" Performances
   Visited main Basilica 
   




Patio where The Mona Lisa was painted






Mariah, me, Grace

The boys (4/40) of Vocal. What can I say. 


Location of first "Pop Up" concert + Group Pic


Location of 2nd "Pop Up" Concert




 This basilica was truly amazing, and we got to sing a song inside! It was intricately painted on the exterior and interior, and had great acoustics. The building to the left of the picture is where small children are baptized, and is just as beautifully painted; but, you sadly cannot see it due to the scaffolding on the exterior! 



Me and Emily

Me and Jamie

Shopping, Gelato, and Lunch

I had a my first authentic Italian Calzone in Florence and LOVED it. 
(pc : Mariah)






Concert at Local Church






On the walk home, there was a Zumba class happening at a large square - we had to stop and participate!

Come back tomorrow to experience my first day in Rome! 

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Florence was my favorite city! I want to go back so badly!
    Looks like a lot of fun!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely one of my favorites, too! I am already having withdrawals!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. You look like you had so much fun and You make me want to go so badly now!!!
    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll be able to go someday and make me super jealous!

      xoxo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...