Thursday, April 3, 2014

SPRING BREAK : What's in My Carry-On


One of my favorite parts of leaving for a trip is packing both my carry-on and luggage bag. I love planning what I'm going to wear throughout the trip and what I am going to do on the plane. 
Traveling to Italy will be the farthest distance and longest travel schedule I've ever had/gone. We are traveling all day Tuesday and arriving in Milan early Wednesday morning, so my priority is to make sure I have things to do. This is what I would normally take with me either way, except for a few items. 

*I will be carrying a small purse with me also to put my phone and other small items in that I will need to be able to grab easily.*






Backpack // In all honesty, when carrying my items for the plane I am not worried too much as to how it looks with my outfit - I want a comfortable bag that will support my bag. I would love to take my Lonchamp, but I think it may end up not being large enough to carry everything. (It will be coming along with me, just in case I need it on the way home!) I love my North Face Backpack as it fits a lot and provides a lot of support. 

Books // I love reading, and it definitely helps to pass the time on a flight! I think the key is to bring easy and enjoyable reads! (You can find me on Goodreads to see what I love reading!) 

Notebook and Pens // You never know when you will need to write something down quickly, play tic-tac-toe, or hangman, so it is key to bring something that you'll be able to write in that isn't your phone. 

Makeup/Chapstick/Lotion/Hairband  // After a long flight, touch-ups are a must! Make sure you put your makeup in a small bag so that it stays together and is easy to find. I am bringing Chapstick and Lotion because I know I'll need it, and after a long flight my skin will be super dry! A hairband is a necessity no matter what, because you may want to put it up later in the day of travel (and make sure you bring a few)! 

Scarf // I love scarves because they are so comfortable and can be used in quite a few ways. I'll probably use mine to wrap around me when I'm ready for bed, or if I'm cold! 

iPad/Phone // I am planning on downloading some more music and renting a few movies to keep me occupied on the plane (suggestions please!) so both of these items are a definite must. 

Charger // There's no doubt that after 24 hours of traveling your phone will need a reboost. Having one of these mobile chargers with you or carrying around your wall charger is a very smart choice! 

Wallet 

OMG! I Wish I Had a ... Kit // Although I have everything that's in my kit running around my backpack, I plan to put band-aids and other small items in my kit for travel. 

Waterbottle // (Empty!) Once I get through security here in Charleston, I will be running to fill my waterbottle up before we board the plane. Drinking water to and from your destination instead of sodas and coffee will help you to feel better and will keep you hydrated through all stages of travel. 

Headphones // I need to be able to plug out the noise of the plane and enjoy my music/movies, so headphones are obviously needed. 

Toothbrush and Toothpaste // (Remember! 3 oz on Planes!) Before I fall asleep on the plane, and that morning when I wake up at my destination, I'm going to want to brush my teeth! (No morning breath, please.)

What would you add to this carry-on? What does your carry-on include?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Have an awesome time in Italy! :)
    -Marissa
    marissameleedy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I hadnt thought of haveing a toothbrush and toothpaste. Is that weird?! Hahah Its obvious that I dont travel a lot! haha

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...