Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring Lipstick Trend - Courtney from Daughter of a Son of a Sailor

Courtney from Daughter of a Son of a Sailor

***

If there is one thing I love about spring/summer it's all the fresh and bright makeup trends that start popping up. They're always so bright and cheerful and so fun to experiment with! This season I think the colors are especially great, and they look great on all kinds of skin tones.

I wanted to take a look at three of my favorite lipstick trends this spring: Hot Pink/Fuchsia Lipstick, Nude Lipstick, and Orange Lipstick.



Hot Pink/ Fuchsia Lipstick \\ I love the cool, bright tones this spring in hot pink/ fuchsia lips. Normally spring trends are much more pastel or warm but I love how the bold jewel tones carried over from winter this season. It's such a great way to add a pop of color to any outfit and a cool take on a classic spring color.

Nude Lips \\ I definitely love me some nude lips. Especially when I'm going out at night because I usually play up my eyes. Of course a "fresh face" is in for spring this season (isn't it always?), and I've found myself sporting this look more often than not...although it's usually because press snooze too much and not because it was intentional. Oops ;)

Orange Lips \\  If you read my blog, you'll know that one of the things I've been raving about lately is orange lipstick. I LOVE it! I have the Revlon ColorBurst lip butter that I wear almost daily and I feel like it gives the perfect punch of color. I also have a bright orange lipstick by Make Up For Ever that I wore with a blue dress. It was awesome, and a great alternative to red! Orange can be a great change of pace from ruby lips, and it totally looks great on everyone. If you try only one lipstick trend this season, definitely try this one!


What are your favorite spring makeup trends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...