Wednesday, March 26, 2014

SPRING BREAK : Organizing and Preparing



I leave for my Spring Break trip in 13 days. 
Let me fill you in: I am traveling to Italy for 8 days with the Vocal Department at SOA. (my school) There are about 45 of us traveling, including chaperons, as we travel through the country, performing 3 times. (We get to perform at the Pantheon!). I'm super excited, as well as all the students who get to travel with us! I am starting to plan everything out, my passport is waiting, and the memory card on the camera is cleared. I cannot wait. 

In order to help you (and myself!) prep for Spring Break vacationing, I thought it would be fun to start a short series with some tips and tricks for traveling and having the time of your life. 

Today, I'm simply discussing organizing and preparing for your trip. I love the logistics of a trip and planning everything out, especially what we are doing each day. 

Pinterest Boards // I love Pinterest, and it's no secret. There are some GREAT pins and boards about travelling, packing, and destinations. I've found great tips on what to pack in a carry-on and how to make a small amount of items turn into quite a few outfits! (Some of my traveling boards include : paris is always a good ideaje voyage, and Italy Trip) My friend and I stay up on the phone sometimes, pinning items that we will use when planning this week for our trip. We are so excited. 

Lists, Lists, Lists // Lists, no matter what kind of person you are, are the best way to get organized and stay on top of it. Making a list of outfits, what you're going to pack in your checked bag/carry-on/purse, what to do the week/night before, etc., will help you so much and will lower your stress level drastically. 

Ask for Help // One of the biggest things I find helpful when getting ready for my trips is to ask for help and to say no to things that I won't have time for. Packing and Organizing for a trip can be a hassle and stressful, so asking for help is a clever decision. 

How do you prepare for a trip?
xoxo

PS. What would you like to see in this mini-series? Let me know, because I want to please you! This is what I have planned: 
Monday, March 31: Plane Outfits and Passing the Time
Wednesday, April 2: Enjoying Your Trip

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your trip! Take tons of pictures so I can live through you! :) And I would love to continue in this series but I dont have ideas...haha Maybe showing how to fit a bunch of stuff in a small suitcase? :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...