Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Life Lately + Pic Dump

So much has gone on since the last day I blogged! I feel like I did so much this weekend, mostly school related with a little bit of fun! 

On Friday, first graders from an elementary school across the street from my school came to our science lab to participate in labs that would conclude their "Dr. Suess Week". In a group with my brother and friend Eden, we created Oobleck (a polymer that's a soliquid!) and helped the kids to make a little batch for themselves to take home. It was such a fun time to spend with kids who were so excited to learn and wanted to get their hands dirty! 



On Friday night and all day Saturday, the vocal department held a "Frozen" day camp for 1st-7th graders. It was a blast.These kids put a smile on every one of our faces at 9:00 Saturday morning, when most of us would have rather been sleeping at home.They knew every word to every song and learned so much in the little time that we were able to spend with them! They filled my heart with their big smiles, laughter, talent and kindness! It was such a privilege being able to work with them. 


This is Ellen. She played Anna in "Let it Go". No joke, it was the cutest thing ever. 

This is Kate. She played Anna in "Do You Want to Build a Snowman." When she came in Friday night, she told one of the counselors that she had been practicing for the role and was ready to sing! So cute.


snapchat me guys @sydhuss16

Sunday was spent sleeping in after Daylight Savings started, going Downtown, and more singing. I spent a couple of hours shopping downtown with my good friend, Emily, and we went to a cute (authentic!) French Bakery on one of the side streets. I had the best (and my first real) macaroon. It was delicious. I also got a Drinking Chocolate, which is exactly what the name says - it's chocolate that you drink. I performed at a church with the vocal department in a small group and concluded Sunday with some homework and an early bedtime. 

Monday night I went to a college fair and learned a lot about some colleges I would have never looked at, like Dartmouth and Georgetown University. I worked up the courage and emailed Carly (The College Prepster) about her experience at Georgetown and it made my day. 
Tuesday ended with PLL and a great #ChicChat on twitter! 

I feel like I'm forgetting something. 

It seems like such a crazy weekend and week (so far), but it's only getting crazier in the next few weeks and weekends. 

These past few days, I've been bogged down and lost because I have no motivation. I've been exhausted and have been running out of ideas as to what to blog about. Added to that, I feel like my Agenda/to do list is overflowing with things to do in the next few weeks. (read: 3 concerts this weekend + rehearsal,  All County + friend's birthday next weekend, 2nd "Frozen" camp the next weekend + friend's birthday + singing at Church, another birthday and trip to Carowinds, and then I leave on my Spring Break trip the next week!) If you don't see me blogging much this month, this is why. 

BUT, I'm so looking forward to April. I get to go on the trip of a lifetime with my Vocal Department (talk about some great guest posts coming your way!) and I hear about my audition that I had back in February. March is going to be rough, but April is going to be so much fun,  I can already tell. 

Do you have any advice to offer? Any post requests? 

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Breathe and dont stress so much! You can do this!!! :) Ypoure gonna have a GREAT March and then April will be here before you know it!!! :) Love you darling! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too! Thank you for all of your support!

      xoxo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...