Wednesday, January 29, 2014

#soasnowday

A snow day for the first time in 4 years - what?!
this calls for a snow picture from my "it's Christmastime board" on pinterest... because it is finally feeling like winter. 

snowy city

School has been cancelled today due to "inclement weather" and I couldn't be happier. Even though we just had a break, this cold weather (finally) makes me want to take it all in. Charleston is not used to this weather, and since we don't get it very often, I will be spending the day pretending I live in the north and that I have some crazy love for snow (!) and cold weather. 

Did I really just say snow?

They've predicted snow for this past night and for this morning (I may or may not be outside enjoying it right now. Who knows.) and the whole of Charleston freaked out. It's been 4 years, so I guess we have a reason to be excited. I mean, last night when I was out with my dad running an errand, I saw ice on the palm trees. Definitely not the norm around here. 
They're going to make a decision today about whether or not we will be going to school Thursday, but at this point, I'm glad that we get a day off. I normally don't go to the last days of school anyway, so I don't mind if a couple of days are added.

To make today even better, the Fault in Our Stars TRAILER released this morning on the Today Show! If you're reading this before 8:30, turn your TV on to NBC right. now.

I'm going to spend the day inside with a good book, lots of coffee, and preparing myself for the rest of this hectic quarter. It's only just begun, but it's proving to be a tough one. 

Love, Sydney 

3 comments:

  1. WAIT SYDNEY I had no clue you lived in Charleston!! It's one of my favorite places ever and I've decided that I'm going to retire there or something someday. Love it!!

    This snow IS crazy. In Kentucky, we actually do have a lot of snow and days off of school, but it's getting ridiculous!

    xoxo,
    Meredith | www.monogrammeredith.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes, I live in Charleston! My dream college would be anywhere in the north east - I am tired of having no seasons - just hot, "cold", or someplace odd in between!
      if you ever come visit, you need to tell me so that we could meet!

      The snow wasn't even snow - it was mostly ice, so there wasn't much you could do with it!

      xo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...