Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2 0 1 4

New Year, new direction :: 4 steps to make 2014 your best year yet

“Make New Year's goals. Dig within, and discover what you would like to have happen in your life this year. This helps you do your part. It is an affirmation that you're interested in fully living life in the year to come. 

Goals give us direction. They put a powerful force into play on a universal, conscious, and subconscious level. Goals give our life direction.

What would you like to have happen in your life this year? What would you like to do, to accomplish? What good would you like to attract into your life? What particular areas of growth would you like to have happen to you? What blocks, or character defects, would you like to have removed?

What would you like to attain? Little things and big things? Where would you like to go? What would you like to have happen in friendship and love? What would you like to have happen in your family life?

Write it down. Take a piece of paper, a few hours of your time, and write it all down - as an affirmation of you, your life, and your ability to choose. Then let it go. 

The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” 

― Melody Beattie

When writing my New Year's Resolutions this year, I was having trouble finding what goals I really wanted to accomplish, so naturally, I turned to Google and was so happy with what I found. This amazing quote from Melody Beattie makes me want to read her book. Her language is compelling and her questions make you think.
I also remembered what Carly did last year, as she broke her goals up into months, and drew inspiration from that.

"... Old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17

January
Routines

February
Love
{Romans 12:9}{Proverbs 10:12}

March
School
{Proverbs 2:6}

April
Exercise
{1 Corinthians 6:19-20}{Proverbs 31:17}

May
Literature

June
Blog & Writing

July
Travel

August
Organization

September
Outreach
{Acts 20:35}

October
Style & Skill

November
Friends & Family
{Proverbs 13:20}{Proverbs 11:14}

December
Reflection
{Jeremiah 29:11}

Each month, I am going to work on one, specific goal. On the 1st of every month, I will share how I am planning on accomplishing the goal of the month; then, at the end of the month, I will share how my goal was reached (and if it was!). 
I have also included, with a few goals, bible verses that are tied with the goal. During that month, I will work on always reminding myself of that bible verse when times get tough.

I am excited to see how these monthly resolutions will help me to achieve greatness in 2014. I am so excited to be embarking on a New Year, and cannot wait to share as much of it as I can with you! 

What are your resolutions?

Love, Sydney

ps. I know that this is a little late compared to other bloggers!

INSTAGRAM // TWITTER // PINTEREST // GOODREADS // EMAIL 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...