Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 In Pictures Part 1: January to June

As I have shared a more formal reflection of 2013, I also came up with the idea to share my year in pictures. I had so much fun, looking back at old folders and albums, trying to find a few pictures for each month of the year. I saw pictures that triggered memories that I had forgotten, which made me smile. This post includes the fun and joyous times of my year, reflecting on the memories and friends that impacted my life.

First Volleyball Tournament of 2013 Club Season, Winter Bump Classic
January // I began my second year of playing Club Volleyball, this year with a different club than before. I loved getting to know a new group of 10 girls and becoming closer with each one of them. 

sad story: I could not find one memorable photo from February.

Meeting and Singing with Eric Whitacre
March // I flew to Dallas, TX (without a parent!) for National Choir with 23 other students from my school. It was such an amazing experience, as I met Eric Whitacre and hundreds of other singers. I grew as a vocalist and grew closer to future peers of mine, as high school was just around the corner. 


Before the Concert


April // 8th Grade Semi Formal was such a blast. The teachers and volunteers transformed the cafeteria into a fun, party like atmosphere, including a DJ, food, and a photo booth. It was such a great time, especially since it was one of our last times all being together.



May // Last Middle School Concert
Going through 3 years at SOA, the last concert was a memorable one. It was (again) the last time we would all be together. As you grow so much in vocal, having class 90 minutes a day, the relationships we had created were strong, so having to break any one of them was disappointing.

The first half of our concert was classical, yet the second half was Disney's The Little Mermaid. I was a Mersister (featured above), which was quite an experience. I enjoyed spending time with some of my best friends, making lasting memories. 

8th Grade DC Trip, with ERK
The DC trip was such a blast, running around DC and making more memories. As I have been to DC before, getting to go again with my best friends was very fun and such a great experience. 

~This month, I also cut of 10 inches of my hair for Locks of Love. It was a big decision, and as I do (frequently) miss my long hair, I am happy that I was able to give something that other children don't have.

After Graduation, with ERK and NES
June // Graduation
Graduation was such a beautiful ceremony. Each major got to perform something of their own, ( Vocalists sang You'll Be In My Heart, from Tarzan) and each teacher gave a speech and a few awards to select students. It was sad to have to say goodbye to such a great chapter of our life, but we were all very excited to embark on a new event - High School.

I attended the South Carolina Governor's School for Arts and Humanities for a 2 week Summer Intensive just for rising Freshmen. It was a growing experience to say the least, ending with my first solo performance ever. I made new friends and cannot wait to (hopefully) see them again next summer, as I am auditioning in February for their Academy program.


At Spill the Beans in Downtown Greenville.
The next 6 months will be featured in tomorrows blog post! 

I hope you enjoyed getting a glimpse of what my year was like, as the majority of these events were not featured on my blog because I didn't have one until July!  I am excited to share the rest of my memories tomorrow.

What are some of your favorite memories from 2013?

Love, Sydney

INSTAGRAM // TWITTER // PINTEREST // GOODREADS // EMAIL 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...