Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Spoonful of Sugar



I'm usually not the first person to suggest going to the movie theaters to see a movie - I would much rather be sitting in the comfort of my home with pj's and popcorn. 
Saving Mr. Banks was worth getting out of the house to go and see. (see trailer here)

Based on the "untold true story", this movie truly opens your eyes to who Mary Poppins and P.L Travers really are. As both a reader, listener, and watcher of the books, Mary Poppins has always had a special place in my heart with magic and incredible music. Saving Mr. Banks tells the true story of who P.L Travers is, her relationship with Walt Disney, and the process of her unforgettable book being made into a movie. Both a movie that will make you laugh out loud and have tears run down your face, I recommend that you go and see it (or rent it) ASAP.  
I can't give too much away, but I can say that you will look at P.L Travers and her stories of Mary Poppins in a way that you've never seen it before - it's definitely an eye opener.

What great movies have you seen lately?

Love, Sydney

INSTAGRAM // TWITTER // PINTEREST // GOODREADS // BLOGLOVIN

4 comments:

  1. I did a review of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" That was a great movie! I wanted to go see this movie so bad! I am a bit of a Disney fanatic. But the closest theater playing this movie was two hours away :( So I will have to wait :( But awesome review!!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go read your review! I've heard GREAT things about that movie.

      xo

      Delete
  2. I saw that movie and love, loveed it! It was so well done!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me look at Mary Poppins in a new way!

      xo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...