Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tea Talk Tuesday : Sydney from Summer Wind

 
Meet Sydney from Summer Wind! Not only do we share the same name, but we also share the same love for blogging! I've been following Sydney's blog since before I began my blog and I absolutely love reading Summer Wind every morning. Read below   to learn a little bit about Sydney's exciting and fast                                    paced life in Pittsburgh, PA! 

Tell us a little bit about yourself!
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA and headed south to get my undergrad degree in PR at James Madison University! Once I graduated, I moved back to Pittsburgh and I now work for a luxury event planning company. I started Summer Wind on a whim my freshman year of college in 2009 and haven't looked back! 

What are some of your favorite places in Pittsburgh?
Without a doubt, Mt. Washington which is an overlook that shows off the entire city. It is breathtaking and my favorite place in all of Pittsburgh. As for food, Little Tokyo is the absolute best for sushi!! 

What are some of your favorite apps? (Both productive and fun!)
Hmmm.. well for photo editing, I absolutely love VSCO cam! I say pay for the extra filters- some are so great! I also really like the Starbucks and RueLaLa apps-- makes coffee drinking and shopping on the go super easy! 

 Favorite summer reads?
Well, I just finished The Fault In Our Stars last month and I was obsessed-- but definitely not a beach read since it is so sad! I recommend Summer at Tiffanys-- a really cute book and an easy read! 

What are some of your favorite Summer/Fall fashion trends?
I am loving the midi skirt trend-- so ladylike and fun! Other than that, I'm not really a trendy kind of girl-- I like to stick to classics! 

What are some of your favorite posts that you've written?
Ohhh this is a hard one! I've written almost 1500 posts on Summer Wind! I love looking back in the early years of Summer Wind since it is like a diary and recaps my college life! It's so much fun to look back on the great memories! 

What are some of your daily reads?
I wish I could say that I have daily reads, but because of my demanding work schedule, I don't get much blog reading in! I really love Atlantic-Pacific!

 How did you decide on James Madison University and what drew you to Public Relations and Writing?
I actually had no idea about JMU before I applied-- my parents had heard good things, so I applied and then went down once I was accepted and absolutely fell in love! I was originally a business major, but decided I wanted something a little more creative and when talking with my adviser, he suggested I take a few classes in PR... I fell in love! I also have always loved writing so it just felt natural to minor in writing--plus it pairs with PR really well! 

What did you love most about joining Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA)?
Definitely my friendships. I'm in my 'bigs' wedding in September and I can confidently say that I made friends for life in ZTA! 

What is your favorite travel destination?
Ohhh.. such a tough one! I would have to say our family's lake house in Georgia because it is so beautiful and when I am down there, I am surrounded by all of my family. I am currently having a severe bout of wanderlust and dreaming of traveling Europe! Hopefully sometime in the next year or so :)

Where can we find you on social media?
I am on all sorts of social media! @SummerWind41490 for both Twitter and Instagram as well as Pinterest and Tumblr!

I hope you enjoyed this installment of Tea Talk Tuesday! If you have a blog of your own and would be interested in being featured, please email me at athousandtomorrowsblog@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...