Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tea Talk Tuesday : Darcy from A Memory of Us

      


Tell us a little bit about yourself! 
Hi everyone! My name is Darcy and I blog over at A Memory of Us (www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com) A little about me -- I graduated college 1.5 years ago. I'm a Nebraska girl at heart but I followed my then-boyfriend, Tyler, to Kansas City, MO after graduating. Monday through Friday I am working as a System Engineer. Tyler proposed to me on October 31, 2013! We are in the midst of wedding planning now and are officially becoming Mr. and Mrs. April 2015! I could not be more excited. These days I am spending my time wedding planning, blog writing, hanging out with my best gals, and just living life to the fullest! 

Where did you go for college and how did you decide on your major? 
I went to Northwest Missouri State University (go Bearcats!) and graduated with a business management major and database management systems minor. My ultimate career goal is project management so that is how I landed on business management. I added in a minor when I realized I was going to graduate in 3 years without one, haha! (I still left in 3.5 years, though.) I chose to focus on computer science because of the demand for programmers. It is definitely challenging and some days are frustrating but ultimately I love writing code... especially when I get the program to do what I want it to! 

What are some of the fashion blogs that inspired you to create your own? 
The first fashion blog I ever read was Pink Peonies. After, I started discovering more that I loved... especially The Sweetest Thing. 

You mentioned that you enjoy watching beauty videos. What are some of your favorite YouTube channels? 
The Beauty Community on YouTube is seriously amazing! Not kidding when I say I can watch YouTube videos all night after work. Missglamorazzi and TessChristine are my absolute favorites! 

How were you able to grow your blog to what it is today? 
Blogging looks like it would be easy and not a huge time commitment from the outside, but really it takes so much time and work! Network like crazy. People are not just going to stumble across your blog in the beginning. You need to get your name out there so comment on other people's blogs and participate in link ups!

What are some of your apps? 
I don't really use anything that exciting... I love Instagram for social media and 7 Little Words for a fun game. 

Where would you love to travel to at the moment?
LONDON! Tyler has already agreed that London will be where we go for our one year anniversary trip! 

How do you edit your Instagram pictures? 
I really only use the filters on Instagram, however I use picfx for cropping! 

What is the biggest opportunity that has come your way since you began blogging in 2013? 
The biggest opportunity is working with brands and being able to write reviews about the products! The best moment was being featured as Lauren Conrad's chic of the week! 

What are the three makeup products that you have to use on a daily basis? 
Foundation (right now I am just using the sephora brand), mascara (Maybelline the Rocket), and I always fill in my eyebrows! I use the NYX eyebrow kit. 

What kind of camera do you use when taking your pictures for “A Memory of Us”? How about lenses?
18-55 mm lens on a dslr Nikon. 

Where can we find you on social media? 
I only use Instagram and my username is _darcyylynn_ . Hope to "meet" you there!! 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this feature! I will have this on my blog tomorrow!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! It was such a blast getting to talk with you and learn more about you.

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Darcy has such a great blog! It's nice getting to know her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love her blog and adore her sensible style!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. darcy is my best friend in real life and now a blogging friend! in fact i was the one who first introduced her to blogs and google reader (RIP). she is literally the sweetest, smartest, most fun girl to have around, i just love her!!

    xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so neat! I hope that someday I'll get to meet her in person, her style is impeccable! Her interview here really makes her traits that you stated stand out!

      xoxo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...