Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tea Talk Tuesday : Caroline from Citrus and Style

 
Caroline from Citrus and Style

I read tons of blogs every day, but one that really sticks out is Caroline's! She has great posts about fashion and fitness, and really shows that you can live a healthy lifestyle while still having a lot of fun.
Recently, Caroline was featured on The Trendy Chic and shared her amazing tips on how to stay organized, blogging, and doing well in school. It's definitely worth the read! 

What are some of the greatest lessons you’ve learned as a high school student? What are you most looking forward to in your junior year? 
This year I’ve definitely learned the value of hard work. I have always studied hard, but something made me work harder this year, especially on my finals! Junior year is definitely going to be a difficult one, but I can’t wait to take photography and get closer to becoming an editor on my school yearbook ;)

What are your dreams when it comes to college and choosing your occupation? 
I know I want to stay in the Midwest or head to the East Coast, but I’m still kind of confused about whether or not I’d like to be in a city or a more rural area! As for my occupation, I’d love to go into business with a minor in fashion - combining those two things would be so fun for me. 

What drew you to blogging and what is the background to your blog’s name, Citrus and Style? 
In middle school I began reading fashion blogs like The College Prepster, and everyone always told me that I should start my own blog. I knew how much work it would take so the summer before my freshman year I took the plunge and have been obsessed ever since! The name citrus & style was really a spur of the moment decision, and I didn’t know it would it would come to represent my blog or myself so well.

What motivates you to live a healthy lifestyle and exercise frequently?
The number one thing that inspires me to live a healthy lifestyle is how good I feel when I’m eating nutritious foods and exercising regularly. I feel well rested, energized and am usually in a good mood. Not to mention, there’s no better feeling than when you finish a long workout! 

Even though you’re very minimal when it comes to makeup, what are a few products you wouldn't be able to go without?
I’ve found that curling my eyelashes really gives the allusion that I’m wearing mascara, so my eye lash curler is definitely a good tool to have, as well as a great lip butter and gloss, preferably in a pretty pink. 

What are three classic pieces you believe that every woman should have in her wardrobe?
Pearl studs, a navy and white striped tee and a great tan bag are my 3 go-to’s!

How do you find time to balance both your high school life and Citrus and Style?
It definitely is kind of difficult to manage it all, but I focus on school during the week and brainstorm blog ideas when they come to me. Over the weekend I write up all my posts (minus the Friday Fours of course) and schedule them for the upcoming days. 

Who/What are some of your inspirations for interior design, fashion, and beauty?
Blogger wise, Mackenzie Horan and Julia Dzafic always inspire me with their fun outfits and colorful interior spaces! I also love Olivia Palermo’s street style - she always looks so chic and put together.

What are your 5 favorite posts that you’ve published on Citrus and Style?
This is a hard one! I love sharing pictures from my space so my desk tour and gallery wall tours would be up there.

What would be your biggest tip for an aspiring blogger?
I would say be original and really emphasize what makes you and your blog unique. There are so many similar blogs these days that people are attracted to content that is new and fresh!

What are some of your favorite summer reads?
I just finished Something Blue by Emily Giffin and I LOVED it. A few nights ago I started Where’d You Go Bernadette and it is such a funny one.

Apps you can’t live without?
Instagram. I check it way too many times a day ;)

What do you use to photograph your blog posts? 
Sometimes I use my iPhone depending on what I’m photographing, but I usually use my Nikon DSLR d3200. I just got it for my birthday and it is the most useful gift I’ve ever gotten!

Where can we find you on social media?
@citrusandstyle on both Instagram and Twitter, and Caroline Yauck on Pinterest! 

Make sure to go and show sweet Caroline some love! 
Come back next Tuesday to read the next installment in "Tea Talk Tuesday"!

xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Caroline and your Tea Talk Tuesdays so combining the two is perfect!

    xo Carrie
    http://carrieonblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My interview with Caroline is going up this Friday on my blog lol what a coincidence! I loved these questions and her answers though!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I love all these questions and getting to learn a little bit more about Caroline!

    xx Ally
    Pearls & Peonies

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...