Monday, September 16, 2013

Motivation Monday: Staying Inspired

This school year is already proving to be a rough one.
There is so much going on already, and we haven't even passed the one month mark into school starting.

At times in my life, I find myself seeking inspiration and encouragement: from my friends, family, quotes, and bible verses, I look everywhere. 

On Pinterest, I found "12 Steps for Staying Inspired" 
(And I added a few of my own)

Staying Healthy
1. Drink Water: When you wake up in the morning, drink a glass of water with your breakfast, or while you scan social media. This helps with starting the day fresh! 
2. Move and  Sweat: Daily Exercise boosts your energy level, improves your mood, and relieves stress. 
I recently started working out on the family Elliptical, and you truly do feel healthier and happier after a good workout. 
3. Get Sleep: More sleep = more energy to do the thins that make you happy. 
It's as simple as that. 
Plan Your Day: 
4. Top 3 Tasks: Every morning, make a list of your 3 top priorities you need to accomplish that day. If it's as simple as studying or cleaning your room, or even getting out to exercise, plan what you need to get done. 
5. The 50/10 Rule: Work for 50 minutes, then take a 10 minute break. 
6. Reflect Daily: End the day with a self reflection/evaluation. 
Keep Learning 
7. Read: Reading increases your knowledge, keeping you inspired. You can always find time to read. (Levo League)
8. Browsing: Watching tutorials and conduction research increases your capabilities. 
I love to come home after school and watch clips from the today show. It keeps me in the know of what's going on around the world - and often times there are fun segments. 
9. Brainstorm: This can be a creative gold mine! 
Brainstorm about ways to get more organized, study more efficiently, or think about what you need to fix. 
Focus on What Makes You Happy
10. Express Gratitude: Think abut 10 things you are grateful for every morning - this promotes happiness. 
This can also help to boost self esteem! 
11. Clean Your Desk: Your desk is your work space, so a tidy desk is a must, and it allows you to focus on what you need to get done. 
I recently started doing all of my homework at my desk in my room - I find it helpful to have everything right in front of me, instead of all over my bedroom floor. 
12. Indulge in Your Favorite Things: Set time aside to relax and enjoy your favorite things, whatever they may be. 


What keeps you inspired and motivated? 

Love, Sydney

Social Media: Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...