Thursday, September 26, 2013

Health Tip: Snacking

High School lunch is late. And I'm not exaggerating. 
We don't eat until 12:55. 
It is treacherous. 

With this late lunch, I have made my self limit/stop snacking throughout the day. 
It's been a journey, but it helps me to feel better and happier - I enjoy three solid meals a day.  

1. Eat breakfast. 
It can be as simple as a bowl of cereal. 
Other ideas: Greek yogurt, smoothies, or fruit. 
There are great recipes for smoothies everywhere! All you need is a blender, fresh fruit/veggies, and some sort of base for the smoothie. I have enjoyed making a few smoothies here and there the past few weeks.

2. Eat a full lunch with protein
Cheese or yogurt! 
I always have Greek yogurt with granola with lunch, and have found that this keeps me full for the rest of the afternoon. 
Other options: nuts, 

3. Need a midday snack? 
Eat something to keep you full. I love to reach for a piece of fruit or a small cup of pretzels. 

4. Dinner time! 

Don't forget to treat yourself at lunch or dinner with a little sweet treat! 

Do you have tips for limiting snacking?
Love, Sydney 

ps. I have heard lots of good things about almond butter and milk - are they worth the try? 

Social Media: Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...