Saturday, August 31, 2013

Summertime is at its end.



School started, leading me to close one chapter of my life and start another.

This summer was one of the best ones that I have had that I can remember.
I went to PennsylvaniaNYC, went to a fun birthday bash for my friend Emily, went shopping on King with my mom, had picnics in the park, spent a weekend away at Lake Murray, and saw Catherine and William present the royal baby to the world.
And I almost forgot - I started my blog.

And these events aren't all of it.

I had a "back to school bash" with some friends, went to Bryson City, NC with my family and our close family friends, went to Lake Murray with Emily Rea, went blueberry and blackberry picking, caught up with a friend, celebrated my other friend, Emily's, birthday on  Kiawah, had an amazing time in NYC and saw the Broadway show Cinderella, and went to a summer intensive at the Governor's School in Greenville, SC. 
Not pictured - I had to say goodbye to a very close friend of mine who moved to D.C.

“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” 

This summer, my family and I took thousands of pictures from everywhere we went. I won't ever forget the moments that I see in the pictures, but I will forget how I felt in the moment - what it felt like to be standing at the Top of the Rockefeller center, what it felt like to kayak in Lake Murray, what it felt like to have quality time with my mom, what it felt like to be in NYC.
I will forget how I genuinely thought in these moments of time.

Summers come and go, followed by autumn, and winter, then spring.
But then summer comes back.
And we have the challenge of making the past summer better than this summer.

Will you accept the challenge?

What do you miss most about the summer? 

Love, Sydney

ps. The blog will be changing in the next few months, including the name!
Are there any changes you would like to see?
Let me know at sydhuss16@gmail.com or comment below.

Social Media: Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...