Saturday, August 24, 2013

Book Review

Throughout the summer, I could finish book in a day, maybe two.
I kept having to go back to the library, or had to buy books to keep me reading. 

Now with school starting, it's hard to find time to read. When I get home I am exhausted, and all I want to do is lay around. 

But,  I have made it part of my nightly routine to put away all electronics and read for 30 minutes before I turn the lights out. 
I have found that it is a great way to calm my mind before I go to sleep. It is a nice way to get away from the technology. 
And you'd be surprised at how much you can read in just 30 minutes. 

I completed these two novels in the past weeks, and have mixed reviews. 


I really enjoyed The Ivy Chronicles. Taking place in New York, recently divorced mom Ivy realizes there is a need for the upper class of NYC to get their children into the best "mini Ivy League" schools in their city. She makes it her job to help them - but it comes with some sacrifice. 
 It wasn't a challenging read, and had humor and romance. It was easy to get through and finish. 


The Darlings was definitely not my favorite read. Also taking place in New York City, the Darlings are a well known family in the Law business. 
It was a very hard book for me personally to get through. I don't know if it was because the book was too old for me, or if  I just didn't take the time to understand and grasp the concepts, but it definitely was not my favorite read. 

What was your favorite read of the week? 

Love, Sydney 

Social Media: Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...