Friday, August 2, 2013

School Pictures and Freshman Orientation

Today marked the day that proves to me summer is nearing its end. It was time to go back to school and register, pay fees, get textbooks and schedules, and see all of my friends (the best part!).

Because I am a freshman going into high school, (and high school is a whole new thing) my school had an Orientation for students and parents. While I was in a group with upperclassmen ambassadors, parents were in the auditorium learning the ins and the outs of high school.

Before going to the orientation, I was really nervous about high school (I have been scared since 4th Quarter in 8th grade); I had so many questions and honestly had no clue what to expect. The concept of high school scares me. 
This orientation fixed that. 

Yes, high school is still scary and just saying to myself, "You're a freshman now" is frightening, but now I have a little more understanding of what it is going to be like. GPA's start to matter, and this is where we have to start looking into the future to figure out what we want to do with our life after high school; we can't expect for teachers to spoon feed us - we need to be willing to ask. 
It won't be easy, but I need to find ways to deal with the stress and pressure, while also having fun with all of my friends, embracing this fun time in life.

While at registration, I had to take the dreaded ID Picture. I hate getting my photo taken for this, because 1) they only take one shot, and 2) you don't know how it looks until the first day of school. 

This was my outfit for registration. A simple black tank with very light pink shorts, and a pair of ballet flats. I wore my Tiffany necklace, pearl studs, my rings, and had a clear coat of nail polish on my fingers to finish off the look. 

I hope you all have good orientations/registrations that help you feel comfortable in your school.

What is your favorite part about getting ready for school? (Orientation/Registration)

Love, Sydney

Social Media: Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...