Sunday, August 25, 2013

New Chapter: High School

I completed my first "week" of high school, and I can only tell you how different it is from middle school. 

Going into high school, I didn't really know what to expect. 
I didn't have a clue where my classes were. 
I didn't know how lunch worked. 
I didn't know who all was in my classrooms. 
I didn't know what my teachers were like. 
I didn't know what the classes were going to be like. 
There were (and still are) lots of unknowns.

With middle school, the teachers love on you and care for you. They give you every little thing you need.
But now in high school, you are left to fend for yourself. If you need help, you need to ask. 

But maybe that's what makes it fun. 
Not knowing what to expect, and just going with the flow. 

Day One is always the scariest. Too many unknowns. 
Once I started going from class to class, I realized that it wasn't that scary.

Day One OOTD

Teacher Overview: 
Physical Science, Mrs. Greig: Sweet and very nice, and it seems like we will be doing lots of fun and interesting labs. We have two quarters dealing with chemistry and physics. I cannot wait for that.
Freshman Focus: This will be my most helpful class. For the first semester, I am taking a class were there is a 20 minute lesson, followed by 70 minutes to get work done. 
It will definitely come in handy once vocal starts getting crazy. 
Vocal, Mr. Rogers: I am so glad that I get to have Mr. Rogers again this year. The last two years in vocal have been pretty tough for me, and I am very hopeful that having class with Mr. Rogers will change that. 
English 1, Mrs. Passarello: I adore Mrs. Pass! She is so sweet and feels like a grandmother. She treats us like her juniors, and is preparing us for success. We already had a Socratic seminar on the third day of school. 
World Geography, Mr. Clark: I don't know how  I will end up liking this class, since I strongly dislike geography, but Mr. Clark is a very nice teacher and it should be a fun year! 
Algebra 2, Mr. Ratigan: I was very unsure about myself going into Algebra 2 this year. Geometry was hard enough for me, but hopefully Algebra 2 will come a little easier to me. Mr. Ratigan is a great teacher and he wants us to make mistakes and learn from them; he wants us to get answers wrong. 
French 1, "Mrs. B": I love Mrs. B - she is so much better than my French teacher from last year, so I cannot wait to relearn the concepts, and learn them the right way. She is a very energetic teacher! 

Do you have a favorite teacher/subject yet? 

Love, Sydney

Social Media: Twitter  Instagram  Pinterest  Goodreads

PS. Let me know if you have any ideas for school inspired posts that I can publish throughout the year! {sydhuss16@gmail.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...