Monday, September 1, 2014

Reflection : NYR #7 and #8 + September : Outreach

New Year, new direction :: 4 steps to make 2014 your best year yet

 { see my 2014 resolutions post here }

(Can you believe it's already September?!) After taking 10 days off for vacation with family, I got back home with 8 days to complete summer reading, prep for back to school, and simply enjoy the last few days of summer! (read : August was a crazy month, as all the others seem to be!!!) I also redesigned the blog courtesy of Rgord, (best blog-designer ever with the best prices!) and got to work with some great brands, and I can't wait to share with you these fun collaborations! 

As for my resolutions, August went very well - I took advantage of my vacation and focused on trying new things and staying away from my phone/iPad as much as possible. With the Organization portion of the month, I have felt very organized these past 2 weeks of school, and hope that my routine stays in place! Staying organized is (in my opinion) they best way to reduce stress during the school year! 


Following the Resolution Guide I created back in January, September is focused on Outreach. Part of being a high school student at my school means doing 20+ hours of community service, which I find very rewarding, but sometimes it adds more stress with a fast-paced life! Finding fun places to volunteer is always a good idea, and doing so at the beginning of the school year is a great idea so that you can include it in your weekly routine. Throughout the year, I will be volunteering at the Lowcountry Orphan Relief, which is an organization that provides clothes and basic necessities for children under 18, because they don't have the means to provide for themselves. (You can read more about LOR here!) Along with helping out there, there are a few things I'll be doing with my church throughout the month/year, like baking cookies for a Prison Ministry and serving meals Downtown. I'm really excited to take my mind off school and help others this month.


Another fun thing happening this month is the #blogtemberchallenge, started by Bailey-Jean from Brave Love Blog. I participated in this challenge back in February and cannot wait to use her prompts to get back into blogging this month. If you're a blogger yourself, or are looking to start your own blog, this is the perfect way to connect with other bloggers and not suffer from writer's block! It's very low key - you can use one or all of the prompts throughout the month! Her post here is very easy to follow and gives you all the prompts for the month. Let me know if you plan on linking up throughout the month! 

I hope you're as excited for September as I am! (fingers crossed this heat ends here in CHS!)

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...