Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tea Talk Tuesday : Natalie from The PDX Prepster

        
In the past six months or so, I've fallen head over heels for Natalie's blog, The PDX Prepster! You can tell by reading Natalie's blog that she loves what she's doing and she is always creating fun content to read. (One of my most recent favorites was her feature on Caroline from Citrus and Style! She put together the perfect post about combining blogging and high school!) I hope you enjoy this week's installment of Tea Talk Tuesday! 

Tell us a little about yourself! 
Hey there A thousand Tomorrow’s Readers! My name is Natalie and I blog over at The
PDX Prepster. I have been blogging for about a year now and I am constantly amazed
by the opportunities and friendships it’s brought me. I was born and raised in Portland
Oregon and am a student at Oregon State University in the college of business. I’m a
coffee addict and basically have a cup at my side all hours of the day and mostly work
from home in my home office.


How do you stay organized between school and blogging?
I try my best, haha. Some weeks are better than others. I stick to a planner and my to
do list, but sometimes it definitely feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day to get
everything done. I also work from home managing social media for my school so I spend
a ton of time at my desk. Sometimes heading to class is a nice break from my office and
forces me to get out grab a coffee and meet up with my friends. I swear I would never 
leave my apartment unless I had a reason to go somewhere, a bad habit for sure!

What's your dream job? 
I’ve always thought that working at Pixar Studios or Walt Disney Imagineering would be 
the best job ever. I have such a Disney soft spot and went to the parks annually as a little
one. It would be so fun to work with such creative people on attraction and film concepts.
Disney is full of magic and I would love to work on projects similar to ones that made me
oh-so happy as a child.

What prompted you to starting your own blog? 
In Portland, I always felt a little bit like a fish out of water. The popular “hipster” styles
here were never really my thing. No one here has even heard of Jack Rodgers let alone
Lilly Pulitzer, and I often would get asked “what do those letters mean?” with my
monogram hanging around my neck. Finding other girls with similar style cross country
combined with the need for a creative outlet prompted me to start The PDX Prepster.

Where would your dream home be located and what would it look like? 
I’m totally loving apartment life right now! As much as I would like to immediately 
move in to a big beautiful house I kind of see myself staying in an apartment for the
next few years. I definitely would like to move to the city at some point, whether it is in
Seattle, New York, San Francisco or somewhere else. Right now I just don’t know
As far as what it would look like, bright and colorful for sure! I have to watch myself
when it comes to decorating. If I’m not careful absolutely everything in my house would
be bright, colorful, or patterned. I have to force myself to go with neutrals when I’m
shopping for my home. Power to the people who are minimalists, I envy you.

Current trends your loving? 
6. Embroidery! I couldn’t be more in love with it this summer! Whether it’s on a 300$ Tory
Burch Tunic or a 15$ Forever 21 dress I can’t get enough of it lately. I also love pom-
poms and tassels on just about anything.

What's your favorite way to stay healthy and active? 
Oh golly I am the worst person to ask for advice about this. I basically drag myself to the 
gym every day to get my hour in. However with that said I always feel so much better
afterward when I return to my desk for work. It’s such a process.
On the food end of things I swear by a fruit and veggie overdose with my normal meals.
That’s about it. If I start to feel gross or not like myself, it’s probably because my veggie/
fruit intake is low. I don’t think replacing meals with smoothies and juicing is healthy
by any means, but I definitely love them for getting that extra vitamin punch in during
my day. My current favorite smoothie that I make at home is with kale and mango. The
sweetness of the mango definitely offsets the kale and is omg super good! Sometimes I
order juices from PDX juice press or Blueprint for days when I’m extra lazy or traveling.

Favorite apps? 
Unroll Me! There is nothing I hate more than junk email and it lets you know what email
lists your subscribed to and how to get off of them. It’s made my inbox a much happier
place. The app Uber also came in handy on my recent trip to NYC. I definitely preferred
it to taking a taxi around the city.

Future blogging goals? 
9. More conferences! I just went to the Smart Girls Conference in July and loved it! It was
so great to meet other bloggers and various inspiring people. I left totally refreshed and
ready for some new growth on the blog. It’s so nice to meet with people face to face and
it’s safe to say I’m addicted.

Where can we find you on social media? 
10. Just about everywhere! You can find me on Instagram @pdxprepster and on all other
channels @thepdxprepster.

I hope you enjoyed this week's installment of Tea Talk Tuesday! Come back August 23 for a fun interview with Kira from Kira Tabor!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love this Tea Talk Tuesday concept! Thank you for helping me to find other great bloggers!

    Marissa // www.makinitwithmarissa.com

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...