Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tea Talk Tuesday : Kira from Kira Tabor

     Displaying IMG_2851.jpg
I've gone to school with Kira since 6th grade, (and saw her complete her last day at our school this last year before journeying over to the public high school!), and have really gotten to know her more this year. We really clicked when we both got serious about blogging, and she was someone I could really talk to about coding, writing, and all the bloggy talk that comes with having your own corner of the internet. 


Tell us a little bit about yourself! 
Bonjour, my name is Kira. If I'm not traveling you can find me with a book in one hand and a cappuccino in the other. I'm not your typical high school sophomore; instead of going to a football game I would rather be brunching and shopping in New York City, or traveling to foreign land  (France, Italy, Japan and Morocco sound lovely). My happy corner of the Internet reflects my love for timeless, classic fashion, clean, crisp photography and my voyages all over the world. 

What's a day in the life like for you? 
Wakeup. Workout. Smoothie. Online classes. Life. Oh, don't worry there are plenty of photo ops and catnaps thrown in between. ;)

What's the greatest thing that's come from blogging? 
The single greatest thing that has come from blogging is self-discovery. I have connected with many people and (hopefully) inspired other people. I have found my true personal style by being connected with different blogs and companies all over the World Wide Web.

You recently go to go on an amazing trip to Ecuador and the Galopagos. Tell us a little bit about that experience! 
I’ve hit Europe pretty hard, seventeen countries to be exact. South America has always been on my bucket list. I had been craving a different scenery and culture. Ecuador was amazing. Their local textiles, food and dances were colorful and exotic. Americans have everything at their fingertips, yet they can have a cold heart. Ecuadorians, who work very hard got everything that they earn, are the most warm and welcoming people. Their hearts are filled with kindness, and they are more than happy to proclaim how proud they are of the country that they call home. Ecuador is also home to the Galapagos Islands, you know like the one Charles Darwin created his theory of evolution. The Galapagos are uninhabited islands that are home to the most beautiful, exotic forms of wildlife: giant tortoises, marine and land iguanas, blue-footed boobies, sea lions and lots of beautiful underwater life like sharks, whales and rays. Stepping back and enjoying beautiful geographical and nature creations of the world in their simplest, yet most complex form ... I just cannot even begin to put my feelings into words. If you haven’t already, add Galapagos and Ecuador to your travel bucket list.

What's your favorite way to brainstorm new ideas for your blog? 
For me blogging is how I document things that I encounter and things that I do. There is no true way to brainstorm posts for me except for going out into the world doing something amazing and using my blog to reflect with pictures and minimal words on my experience. I also like to document things that inspire me and people that I look up to.

How do you stay organized during the school year? What agenda do you plan on using for the 2014-15 school year?  
During the school year, my planner is my absolute best friend. I write every single thing down that I need to do, I need to remember, people I need to talk to, etc. Just seeing everything before my eyes keeps me moving forward. I also like the satisfying feeling of crossing things out. Even though we live in the era of technology, I prefer to keep school – old school.

You're going out for a fun brunch with friends. What's your order and what will you be wearing? 
White dresses and strappy sandals are a must wear for brunch. As for food goes, I’ve basically got a routine. Always start off with a cappuccino no matter what. After that a croissant to share, followed by waffles with fresh berries or a delightful sandwich on a crunchy baguette.

What are some of your favorite places to shop? How do you find great deals at these stores?
J. Crew and Anthropologie are basically the only places I shop. However, I hardly buy anything at the full price. There are two main secrets to my shopping success: be a member to receive special discounts and THE SALE SECTION IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. True life: I bought a $200 jacket at J. Crew for roughly $45 dollars. That was basically the happiest day of my life.

What pieces of jewelry do you wear on a daily basis? 
Always the MK rose gold watch and the Tiffany & Co. tags, always.

You can only have 5 pairs of shoes in your closet. What will they be? 


What are your favorite apps, other than social media? 
Hmm, I don’t really play games because I tend to get pretty frustrated but when I do I play 2048. No, I haven’t gotten the 2048 tile yet. MyFitnessPal is pretty cool, and I do all of my Instagram edits with VSCO Cam!


 
Favorite tourist locations in Charleston? 
Charleston is an amazing place to call home. Over the years I have played tourist in my own town, and I have my few favorite places to go. King Street is an amazing place to go shopping: Anthropologie, J. Crew, Madewell, Kate Spade. Of course, we cannot forget the beautiful Charleston Place hotel. Grabbing brunch, picking up a chocolate covered strawberry and browsing the expensive stores are the highlights. There is also the Old Marketplace that once was a place where the slave trade was held. There you can purchase lovely Charleston-made goods like benne wafers, jewelry and soaps. The Battery and the Pineapple Fountain Park are great waterfront picnic spots. My favorite places to grab a bite in Charleston include 39 Rue de Jean, Sermets and of course Sugar Bakeshop!

Where can we find you on social media? 

Kira has been so much fun to work with and I've loved getting to connect with her personally through blogging! It's so helpful finding someone in your area who is the same age with the same goals and interests, such as blogging! 

***

Do you prefer the Tea Talk Tuesdays every week or every other week? Let me know! 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...