Sunday, September 7, 2014

{ Currently } Reading : #blogtemberchallenge

I'm definitely a book worm. I love getting recommendations from friends (Shout out to Margaret and Mrs. Boyles!), and looking on Goodreads for reviews of books as well. 
Margaret sent me Kisses from Katie and I absolutely love it so far. I'm about half way through and I've fallen in love with Katie and her ministry that she's set up in Uganda. 

Katie (read more about her here!) started her ministry the summer before she was supposed to begin her Freshman year of college. After realizing that her heart belonged in Uganda, she took a year off and began working full-time in Uganda, setting up "Amazima Ministries", a group that supports over 245 children, allowing them to go to school. 


What amazes me most about Katie is her faith. She always turns to God in the good and bad situations, she's always sharing her different perspectives on different parables in the Bible and is constantly referencing bible verses. She was willing to give up her perfect life in Tennessee to follow God's plan for her. 

What are you currently reading? 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...