Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tea Talk Tuesday : Meredith from Monogram Meredith

   
Meredith from Monogram Meredith is honestly one of the sweetest girls "I know". (That's in quotations because I've sadly never gotten to meet Meredith in person!) Meredith's blog, Monogram Meredith, is her place to share all things fashion and (now!) college lifestyle. Her posts make me laugh out loud frequently and I love interacting with her through social media and over email. 

For those who don't follow your blog, tell us a little bit about yourself! 
I'm Meredith and I blog at Monogram Meredith! I was born and raised in Lexington, Kentucky and just graduated high school. I love lots of things like monograms (obviously), eating lots of good food, dressing up, crafting, watching Grey's Anatomy, and taking each day at a time!

What's a day in the life like as Monogram Meredith? 
It's kind of funny how sometimes things in my day do revolve around something Monogram Meredith related. During the summer, I haven't been doing too much, which has given me time to focus on my blog and shop and I love it! I typically wake up, drink a cup (or two) of coffee, and try to knock some things off my to-do list. I also nanny in the afternoons, which is one of the brightest parts of my life! I like to reply to emails, write a few blog posts, and make shirts during the day, then spend the night relaxing or out with friends! During the school year, it was different because I was going to school each day and just cramming all those things into my night time, but I'm looking forward to having more of a schedule and routine during this upcoming year! 

What's the best memory from your summer so far? 
This summer has been so much fun and I'm feeling bittersweet about it ending! I think the absolute best part was fourth of July weekend, where I went to a two-day country concert and it was so great getting to be with all of my friends and seeing so many great artists! And hey, who doesn't love that kind of patriotic holiday?!

What's some general advice you'd give to high school girls? 
I think I learned so much about myself in high school, and that was crazy important. Everyone starts out feeling one way and eventually finds themselves, but you have to be patient for that point. You'll feel like you're under pressure to do something specific and you'll feel like you have to be the best at everything, but it's important to remember that you can still be a great person and great student even if you're not perfect. Work more towards focusing on yourself and what you love, rather than the overall end goal of college-- that's really important, but I wish I hadn't kicked myself over every single thing and had enjoyed it a little more! Don't compare yourself to others and just work hard!

How do you juggle school, blogging, and your etsy shop? (Plus extra-curriculars and fun events!) 
Finding little pockets of time and staying organized in whatever you do is incredibly important. If you have a chance to study or get something done, go ahead and do it! I always had flash cards or a notebook with me, so if I got stuck waiting somewhere or was riding somewhere, I would try to get just a few things done. It's easy to put it off until you can do it all at once, but that can make things feel really overwhelming. If you get an email, reply to it as soon as you can so it doesn't feel like you have a million emails to answer all at once. With blogging, if I know a post is going to be more writing focused, I write it out on my phone when I find the time. At that same token, schedule your time to the best of your ability. Don't linger on more than one thing if it can be done quickly, and schedule a little bit of time to relax so that you're not finding yourself sleeping or relaxing when it's not convenient. Use your weekends to the best of your ability to knock out chunks of long-term assignments so that the following week isn't as hectic! Overall, just take advantage of time when you have it and keep a list of what you need to do so none of it is overwhelming!

What college are you attending and what will your major be? 
I will be a freshman at the University of Richmond! As of right now, my major is Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. I'm looking at having another concentration or minoring in something else, but that's my path for now! 

from old to new and a slight upgrade in size // love my Lilly!
What planner will you be using for your first year of college? 
I'm using the Jellies Be Jammin by Lilly in a size large! I've used the small the past few years, but I figured with a bigger schedule, I would need a bigger planner!

Favorite brands at the moment?
Oh jeez, I never know how to answer my favorite brands or stores and it depends on what I'm buying! I love Banana Republic and Tommy Hilfiger for long-lasting quality pieces, but I usually try to mix and match from lots of random inexpensive places, my favorites being Target and Old Navy!

What piece are you always reaching for in your closet? 
I love love love my black pants, I feel more chic and slimmed in them than blue jeans at all times during the year. I also can't get enough wears of my blue harem-esque pants that I wore here

What are 5 blogs you can't go a day without reading? 
Oh goodness, I don't know! I'm obsessed with Prep Avenue, College Prep, Design Darling, Rgord, I Wore Yoga Pants to Work, and because I break rules and am adding a 6th, A Thousand Tomorrows! Definitely not saying that because it's you but because I feel so refreshed whenever I read your blog! 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
Ha. Ha. Haaaaaa. I have no clue. By then, I'll be graduated from college, but at this point, I'm not sure if I'm going to grad school, but that is most definitely an option to be getting my MBA. Other than that, I hope to be living on my own and working a job in marketing (but really, who knows?!).

What's your go to summer hairstyle? 
My go-to is just anything simple! Which for me means letting it air dry, but a french braid is also my saving grace. And plus, it makes your hair even wavier!

And lastly, where can we find you on social media? 
Ayyy, I'm on (and obsess over) almost all social media! 
And you can also like the Monogram Meredith Facebook page and follow me on Etsy!


1 comment:

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...