Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Natural, 5 Minute Makeup + VERY EXCITING NEWS

When it comes to getting up every morning and setting aside time to do makeup, I am one that gets quite lazy and doesn't like to put too much time and/or thought into what I'm doing - and I'm sure a lot of other high school and college girls are the same way! 
The look I've created below is my go-to, everyday look for school. In the summer, I am definitely one to stray away from any and all makeup; because, here in Charleston, it's honestly the last thing you're thinking about when its at least 90 degrees outside. 

(Keep reading until the end for the exciting news!) 



I've always been a Bare Minerals girl. I find that their products are perfect for my skin and it really creates an all natural look! 
Mineral Foundation Broad Spectrum // Mineral Veil // Stroke of Light Eye Brightener (Best Under Eye Concealer I've ever used!) // Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara (This works WONDERS!) // Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss (similar) 



Along with a easy makeup look comes a simple yet functional hair style that will take you seconds! I was really introduced to using hair clips more last summer by my friend Margaret. It works for any hair length and pulls all your hair out of your face so it doesn't annoy you all day long. (And, not to mention, the options that you can find for hair clips are endless!) 


With school starting in the summer, I definitely tend to gravitate to pulling half of my hair back with an EmmieJay, but as school goes on, I end up using hair clips and/or bobby pins more often. Plus, both these hairstyles mean that you're using no heat on your hair, which is always a plus! 


This is the complete look, makeup, hair, and all! Going all natural for school is something I've always done ... and will always do! 

What makeup do you use for school and how do you style your hair? 

xoxo

THE EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT : 
So after I've had you read through this entire post (#bloggingtactics!), I'm so excited to announce that I will be rebranding the blog (with lots of help from Rachel Gordon!), including a whole new name, URL, and scheme! I've found over the 1+ year I've been blogging, the URL "everydaysouthernprep" isn't too fitting and really doesn't encompass my entire blog. I love to write about style, but more importantly, I love to share my high school lifestyle and motivation. Therefore, I'm rebranding the blog to something that will always encompass who I am and will be - Sydney Huss. It's honestly something I've thought about for a long time - remember that rebranding to A Thousand Tomorrows? I've been trying to think of a name that will always describe who I am, and I think I've found it. With this change, I hope that I'll step up my game and really start posting the high quality content I've always planned.
So, without further ado ... 

THIS BLOG WILL BE LOCATED AT SYDNEYHUSS.BLOGSPOT.COM STARTING AUGUST 22ND, 2014. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...