Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tea Talk Tuesday : Carly from The College Prepster

 
I was so excited when Carly from  The College Prepster agreed to answer my questions for my interview sereis! I've looked up to Carly and her blog since before I started blogging, and she has definitely been one of my biggest inspirations. I hope these questions give you a little peek into her life in NYC as a blogger. 

For those who don't follow your blog, tell us a little bit about yourself! 

I started my blog when I was a freshman at Georgetown University. I've since graduated (2012) and moved to NYC where I currently live with my puppy Teddy!

You're always posting great content, and often times twice a day! What's your favorite way to brainstorm new ideas for blog posts? 

I'm actually pretty bad about ideas. I like to feel the pressure of a "deadline" a bit. But when it comes down to actually thinking of an idea, I turn to what's going on in my life.

You've gotten the chance to work with some great brands! What companies would you love to work with in the future? 

I really have worked with so many of my favorite brands already. I'd love to find a way to work with J. Crew though... of course!

Who/what is your greatest inspiration in blogging? Style? 

One of my favorite blogs to read is Cup of Jo. I'm not necessarily her target demographic, but I like her blogging style a lot. In terms of style, I like the way Olivia Palermo, Reese Witherspoon, and Jenna Lyons dress!

What are your favorite touristy locations in NYC? 

The Highline, Central Park, and The Met are all some of my favorites. The Highline and Central Park are both great when I'm sick of all the buildings, sidewalks, and concrete! The Met is always a great escape. I don't get to go as often as I like, but if I have a few hours in the afternoon with no plans, I try to pop in!

If you're about to go out with friends for a dinner, what will you be wearing? 

White skinny jeans, striped shirt, and a blazer.

What's your typical order for a Sunday Brunch?

The classic brunch debate: sweet or savory. If I have a lot going on afterward, I tend to opt for savory (omelet with spinach and goat cheese!). When I have more of a relaxing day and can suffer through a sugar crash (ha), I always go for French toast!

If you could give your high school self (and college self!) one piece of advice, what would you say?

Relax, everything is going to work out.

Favorite color combo? 

Changes every week it seems... but right now I'm into navy with neutrals (creams, tans, whites).

a bit of reading before bed 👌
What book are you currently reading? 

The Art of Thinking Clearly


xoxo

1 comment:

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...