Monday, August 18, 2014

SOPHOMORE YEAR!

Today's the day! It's the first day of my sophomore year in high school. (BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY THE AFTER PARTY SALE! It's going to be my "congrats you survived Monday/the first day of school" present to myself!) I'm super excited to go back to school, shop some Lilly Pulitzer, see all my friends, and see what my classes are all about ... but I'm not to keen on the 6:00 wake up this morning! 

It's definitely not easy going back to school after a fun summer - I spent 2 of the best weeks of my life at Governor's school, had a fun family vacation, and got to spend time with friends and family while home in Charleston. It was the epitome of a relaxing summer.

There's a lot that is going to change this year. For starters, I'm no "freshmeat" anymore, and there's definitely more to my academics and their contribution to my GPA. I have more on my shoulders academically and extra-curricular wise, so there's more time management needed! I'm hoping on accomplishing goals, small and large, and really putting all I have into my work, in and out of school. #gotheextramile
But there's definitely one thing that's heavier on my heart today, as I drive into school with my Dad and brother for my first day of 10th grade year. I've mentioned here how amazing of an experience I've had at Governor's School the past two summers, (I blogged about this summer, since this corner of the internet didn't exist when I went last summer!) and the great impact it's had on me since. What's laying on my heart most, is that this could possibly (and (fingers crossed!) hopefully) be the "last first day" I'll spend at my home, at my school I've spent 5 years attending. I cannot tell you how much I've prayed, letting God know how much of a desire this is on my heart and for my future, how much I would love the experience. (And trust me, that praying isn't stopping today!) It's something I really want and hope for, something that I'm going to work hard to do. It's something I'm truly passionate about, because I love my art, vocal, and having the gift from God to sing. There's something so special about it, how you can impact people's hearts and lives with just one song. There's something so special about that environment that's hard to put into words, and is something that I hope you'll be able to experience yourself with your own art, whether it be blogging, music, dancing, drawing, or the hundreds of other things you may pour your heart and talent into. 
I cannot wait to share this year with you, all of the ups and downs, highs and lows. I am so thankful for this community and all of you reading this, as you are my constant motivation and inspiration, something I could never replace or take away from my daily life and routine. 

Without further ado, the start of school means we're back to #MotivationMondays! I love motivating you (and myself!) each Monday morning. I'd love to view your fun and motivational boards on Pinterest, so please, share your links below!

Lovely    Romans 12:12
{ Christine Caine via } { Romans 12:12 via }

.   
{ some things fall apart via } { go the extra mile via }

Have a great Monday and a blessed week! 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your first day at school! I bet you'll have an amazing sophomore year!
    P.S. I love a little motivation, especially through pretty graphics. Here's my Pinterest board: http://www.pinterest.com/lnruzin/words/

    www.alilstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your first day! :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...