Friday, December 13, 2013

Popcorn and Tea

Happy Friday!
4 School Days until Christmas Break.
This weekend: Last minute Christmas 
   shopping for friends

The amount that I have been reading has greatly decreased since the beginning of the school year. When I get home from school, the last thing I want to do (most days) is read another book. Even though this is the case, I have still found a few books (and movies/television) that I am in love with.

Lunch in Paris
I don't remember how I found out about this book, but I ended up really enjoying it. It was not a difficult read (as it is non-fiction), and has a cute story line. At the end of each chapter, Elizabeth has put a few of her own recipes that she grew to love while living in Paris.


The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
This book is hands down one of my favorite reads to date. It is an unbelievable story with an incredible ending. As it is also non-fiction, it can be full of science at times, yet the story itself is so compelling. I can't even sum up how much I loved this book.


Grey's Anatomy
I started watching Grey's Anatomy last Friday, and I cannot stop watching.The episodes are thrilling and so hard to stop watching. It is set in Seattle, WA at a major hospital, portraying the lives of interns and doctors.

The Heart of Christmas
A Non-Fiction movie, The Heart of Christmas tells the story of a family whose son is diagnosed with cancer. His mother starts a blog and documents everything that happens to her son, which in turn touches the lives of many other families. I will definitely be watching this again this Christmas! 

Holiday Engagement
Such a cheesy plot but I loved watching it. Holiday Engagement made me laugh multiple times!

I am currently reading State of Wonder and have heard amazing reviews about it. 

What books and movies are you currently loving? 

Love, Sydney

1 comment:

  1. No way! I found "Lunch in Paris" in the Anthropologie sale room (aka the room of wonders/magical room). I knew I had seen it before! I soooo excited to read it!!

    xx,Kira

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...