Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Confirmation Sunday: What I Wore

As promised, this post is all about my Confirmation this past Sunday.

Confirmation, for Episopalians, symbolizes the affirmation of faith that we as students accept for ourselves, as most of us were baptized as infants or young children. Confirmation is us showing the church that we accept this faith and that we are now adults in the church.

As a rising freshman, this past January I started Confirmation classes in order to prepare myself for the ceremony on Sunday. The classes covered topics such as the bible, our church, our faith, and who Jesus is.

After completing the classes in early April, we took a break for the summer and joined the High School Youth Group when school started back in the fall.

Two weeks ago, we had our final meeting and learned about the logistics of this past Sunday - where we needed to be, what we needed to be prepared for, learning about the service itself, etc. 
The biggest part: writing a testimony to share in front of my peers, including all of their family. Talk about nerve wracking.
I spent time over break picking out a bible verse to share, and a chunk of Saturday was set aside for writing the testimonial itself. My goal: short and sweet, but to the point and heart felt. 

Below is my testimony, and a few pictures from the big day.

This year has flown by, and with it, has presented both challenges and celebrations. I have grown as a person and as a Christian. I prayed more than I ever have and searched for scripture at every hurdle. One that sticks out most is 1 Peter 5:7 which says, "Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." I know that God has planed my steps and that He is willing to carry my worries and troubles. I am excited to embark on to this new chapter in my life. 

~



Abby, SHN, Katie


SHN, Dad, Abby, Mom, Nick 

SHN, Abby, Katie, Nathan 



Abby, SHN, Katie 

I wore: Lilly Pulitzer Briella Dress, "Tickle the Ivories"

Love, Sydney 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...