Thursday, August 13, 2015

sing and make music

2014-10-26 02.24.32 1.jpg
{ see my past two music related posts here and here }

as a music student, currently in the process of beginning my first year at a residential high school to pursue my passion, you would expect me to be pretty into music, right? well … let’s just say that I’m an exemption from that “rule”. (who knows - that may change this year!! #artschoolprison!)
I tend to stick to the same few playlists on Spotify, but I have enough options to where I can easily choose which one I’m most in the mood for.

this playlist was curated with music from my time spent helping to lead music this past spring/summer, as well as a few of my other favorite worship songs. (my go-to playlist lately!)

I found this playlist more recently after scrolling through Sydney's blog on a hunt for a certain song, and I love the mix of singers she's put together. if you're in the mood for some Sinatra, Norah Jones, and Michael Buble, make sure to follow the playlist ASAP!

when I need some quiet music to get homework done with (so not ready for school to start this monday!), this is the playlist playing in the background. with almost 500 (!!) songs, there's no way you'll get annoyed after hearing the same song twice during a study session. there's a good mix of classical composers and some movie soundtrack pieces, as well as some acoustic guitar pieces, so you'll definitely hear a good mix of styles to keep you focused!

lover of broadway and all songs romantic? I curated this playlist after I realized I had a love for the ballads of my favorite musicals. it's a short playlist compared to the others, but the selections from cinderella, newsies, and falling slowly (plus some others!) will keep you entertained for the perfect amount of time.
if you'd prefer all things broadway, this is the playlist for you - it's also a good study playlist.

john green's 2 movies have been accompanied with some great songs - so this playlist is pretty self explanatory! I've compiled music from both The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns!

after Adam really introduced me to jack johnson and john mayer, I curated this playlist of all of my favorite songs from their vast amount of cds that are featured on Spotify. this playlist is perfect when I am tired of the classical study playlist but still need something quiet and calming!

I've featured some of the songs from my church's CD in a previous post, but this includes all of their music! really similar to my musical levite playlist, but it's just a small selection of songs that I know will always be good.


what are some of your favorite playlist?

in Christ,


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...