Tuesday, July 21, 2015

power of song

although I’ve been absent from my little corner of the internet for quite some time, I have continued to read blog posts through Bloglovin’, and have found even more through friends, Twitter, and Instagram. I am frequently inspired by those around me and especially love blog posts that make me think and look at some aspect of my life a little bit differently.


two of my friends, Carrie from Carrie on Blogs and Thomas from Confuzzled Castaway, both recently published blog posts that were “responses” on quotes and song lyrics. what I loved most about the way they wrote their posts was that they allowed us, as readers, to think about how the words applied to our life, rather than telling us how the words made them feel. which, let’s be real - that can often times lead us to be influenced to think of the quote/lyrics in a different way that may not be most applicable to us.
read Carrie’s post here // read Thomas’s post here

so I’m following suit, in admiration of how their posts influenced me and how it’s changed the way I listen to some of my favorite songs. for this specific post, I am going to focus on some of my favorite praise and worship songs (very similar to how Carrie formatted her post!). since I was just recently at camp, I was immersed in 8-10 different songs that I grew to love and really pray through.

I hope that these songs lead you to something you've been looking for.

You plead my cause, you right my wrongs
You break my chains, you overcome
You gave your life to give me mine
You say that I am free
How can it be, how can it be?

Let your kingdom come
Let your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Every eye proclaim
The mercy of Your name
On earth as it is in heaven.

Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging.
Your love is a mountain, firm beneath my feet.
Your love is a myst’ry. How You gently lift me
When I am surrounded, Your love carries me.

Let us find our rest in Thee.
Born to reign in us forever, Now Thy gracious kingdom bring.
By Thine own eternal Spirit
Rule in all our hearts alone;

How deep the Father’s love for us,
How vast beyond all measure,
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life
I will boast in Jesus Christ

Every sunrise sings Your praise
The universe cries out Your praise
I'm singing freedom all my days
Now that I'm alive

Give us clean hands and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands, oh God and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh God let us be a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, oh God of Jacob

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence living in me
And I I'm desperate for you
And I I'm I'm lost without you


in Christ, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...