Thursday, July 30, 2015

dorm sweet dorm

this entire summer has been spent trying to find the perfect pieces for my dorm room, as I’m moving into my residential high school this August! I am so excited to be rooming with my best friend, and it has been SO MUCH FUN getting to pick out little things with her, like our color scheme, bedding, and other little things to make our dorm seem like our home.
it’s definitely an experience I wasn’t expecting having to go through for another two years, but with lots of pinning on Pinterest and reading through some of my favorite blogs (mostly Prep in Your Step, I love Dorothy and her design choices!), I’ve gotten some really great tips and awesome inspiration from their preppy and fun spaces.

dorm room inspiration .jpg


my roommate and I have decided to go with a mainly navy room (#navyornothing, amiright?!), with pops of color through pretty teals and some coral.
I’ve found it really fun accent pieces, like throw blankets and pillows, to add color. That way, you won't be tempted to purchase a very colorful duvet color or quilt that you quite possibly could get tired of in the next year or two! the classic navy duvet cover is perfect - it’s a great color that won’t show coffee stains (classic sydney) or dirty feet, and is such a simple pattern that fits any age.

in Christ,


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...