Tuesday, July 28, 2015

community worship


I wrote a blog post really similar to this on tuesday, but thoroughly enjoyed filing through songs to find some of my favorites that meant a lot to my heart and where I’m at (and reminded me where I once was!). one of the things I learned while at camp through a leader’s bible study was how important it is to be involved in a worship community. yes, it is great to do your own daily devotionals and be in a youth group, but going to a church every Sunday to praise God in community with other believers will impact your life in more ways than one.
while I was looking through songs, quite a few were from my experiences at youth group this spring. I saved a few of the lyric pages in my bible, and found them as I was flipping through the pages, reminded of the things I learned and the people I was learning with.

below are some of my favorite songs from that time I spent, each Thursday night, delving into God’s word. similar to the last post, I am not telling you how these songs have impacted my life or what the words mean to me; I want you to think about what these words mean to you and your life. because each song can have a unique story, awaiting for you.  

Christ alone, Cornerstone
Weak made strong in the Savior’s love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of All
… I rest on His unchanging grace
in every high and stormy gale
my anchor holds

Jesus paid it all,
all to Him I owe,
sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow
… O praise the One who paid my debt,
and raised this life up from the dead

love so amazing
Jesus Messiah, name above all names
Blessed Redeemer, Emanuel
the rescue for sinners
the ransom from heaven
Jesus Messiah, Lord of All
All our hope is in You
All our hope is in You
All the glory to you, God
the Light of the World

I’m forgiven, because you were forsaken.
I’m accepted, you were condemned.
I’m alive and well, your spirit lives within me,
because You died and rose again.
Amazing love, how can it be?
that you my king would die for me.
Amazing Love, I know it’s true,
and it’s my joy to honor you,
in all I do, I honor you.
You are my King.

the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue
… but through Thy free goodness my spirit’s revived,
and He who first made me still keeps me alive.

there is power in His name.
… mountains bow down before
Jesus Christ, our risen Lord.
… Mighty Savior, lifted high;
King forever, Jesus Christ.
Crowned in glory, raised to life,
the same power lives in us.
… the grave could not contain,
the power of Your name.
death you overcame, once and for all.

in Christ,



p.s. very soon, I will be compiling a short list of my favorite Spotify playlists, one in particular that will include all of the songs I've shared this week! (so stay tuned!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...