Tuesday, August 18, 2015

06 . 25 . 15

only two more days left to recap! I can’t believe that I’ve almost reached the end … I’ve so loved being able to use these days at camp as separate blog posts and will miss the ease of just being able to look at my sermon notes and write something from the heart.
as far as a life update goes, this month has been great and today marks my second day at my new school. the transition is proving some challenges, but nothing that can’t be worked through. looking forward to updating you all on all the happenings as soon as I have more time to sit down.

06 . 25 . 15 blog image.jpg

today’s post focuses on the last written part of the prayer,

“and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one … ”
{ stand and deliver me }

read : Matthew 6:5-13 {The Lord’s Prayer}
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
“This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
  on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
  as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
  but deliver us from the evil one.’
*
read : John 10:9-10
Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

Jesus is the gate.
anyone who enters will be saved!
what great news!! they will find abundant pastures there, for we are His sheep.
the thief comes to destroy, kill, and steal.
BUT! God will allow us to live a life to the full.

*

in Christ, we have an enemy!
because of that, we often pray the words of desperation, “don’t leave me alone”.
we have a need for God to rally by our side!
and so, let us pray to God, “I trust you”.
God is our refuge and our strength, always present in trouble. (Psalm 46)

struggling is a reality of the Christian faith. it isn’t supposed to be easy. (that’s what faith is!)
God will help us and he promises us that he will be steadfast. what great news!

in Christ,


disclaimer : I want to make that in no way am I trying to sound “preachy” or force my beliefs on you. I simply want to share what I’ve learned and hope that, in the process, at least one person finds some benefit in something they read through this series. I am always open to any comments you have and I will read and reply to each one, whether it is for discussion or constructive criticism!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...