Friday, May 30, 2014

Reflection : New Years Resolution 5

New Year, new direction :: 4 steps to make 2014 your best year yet

2014 Resolutions Post

Guys. May has been crazy. With the school year ending, Spring Concerts, and finals all happening around the same time, there's bound to be chaos. I officially ended my Freshman Year today and I can't wait for summer; I have some big goals and 3 months of no stress sounds really nice at this point. 

This month I focused on Literature, and I said that I hoped to complete 4-5 books ... that didn't happen. I finished Gone Girl and I cannot wait for the movie to come out this fall. Gone Girl tells the story of Nick and his wife Amy, who mysteriously goes missing the day of their 5 year anniversary of marriage. The book goes back and forth, speaking from Nick's Point of View and then Amy's, which I ended up really liking because I felt like it gave more depth to the book. I don't want to give too much away, but Nick is set up for his wife's disappearance which causes you to choose a side while you are hearing what Nick is going through, as well as Amy. The author, Gillian Flynn, has 2 other books that are very similar to Gone Girl, which are both on my summer reading list for this summer (It's such a long list - post to come soon!!) 

After finishing that novel late in May, I started A Million Little Ways and am just about to finish it. I cannot wait to share with you what I learned from it. It was an eyeopening novel and a "self discovery" novel in the spectrum of Art. 

This Monday I will be discussing my goals for June, as my resolution is based on the Blog and Writing! 

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I always forget that you're only a freshman (and now sophomore!) because you're so put together and mature!! You have great things ahead of you, girl!! Congrats on this year, I can't wait to read more throughout the summer and such!

    xoxo,
    Meredith | Monogram Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see where you go in college! I know your blog will only get more cute!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I am a little over halfway through Gone Girl and I am hooked! I cannot wait to read her other books this summer as well. I also can't wait to see your reading list!
    xo, Scarlett
    http://thetrendychick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear how you end up enjoying it! Maybe we could start a book club for the other books this summer!

      xoxo

      Delete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...