Monday, May 19, 2014

Spring Masterworks :: Weekend Lookbook

Long time, no talk! 

These past two weeks have been hectic, and they're only going to get more hectic as finals creep up! My computer has been down, limiting the amount of blogging I have been able to do. I've been feeling really guilty that I haven't been posting for you, but I have been brainstorming and I can't wait to see what will come this summer! Let me know if there's anything you want to see this summer on the blog! 

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of completing my last concert as a freshman! It was bittersweet as it was the seniors last concert (lots of tears shed), but I am so glad that I am done with performing for the year. The choral dress is going to the back of my closet and I can't wait to not perform for at least 3 months! 

sw + shn

kmg + shn

jcj + shn

Symphony with Vocal Department in Background

Performing "Alleluia"

Perfoming "O, My Luves Like a Red Red Rose"

Watch us perform "The Majesty and Glory of Your Name"!

You can watch us perform our surprise number here, O Fortuna!

We had the pleasure of debuting a piece that was commissioned personally for our department. Back in March of 2013, myself and 23 other students traveled to Dallas, Texas, for National Choir. While in various clinics, our vocal directors had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Memley, who wrote a piece, O Nata Lux, that was sung by the SATB Choir. We fell in love with his piece so much that we asked him to write the vocal and orchestral score to a poem written by our own Creative Writing department! A recording of the Symphony and Vocal Departments singing/playing will be accessible on the Publisher's website, which is super exciting, and our school will receive compensation for purchases of the song! 



To end the weekend on a fun note, I spent a few hours downtown with one of my close friends, Madison, who was in town for the weekend from Virginia! I can't wait for her to move back so that we can start our Sophomore year together! 

Happy Monday! 

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend!!!! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...