Thursday, September 3, 2015

these are a few of my favorite things

2014-10-24 11.58.47 2.jpg

I love making lists - I almost always staple a list to my agenda each week so that I always have one with me to mark things off that I can’t forget, I love making packing lists and lists of things to ask people … the options are endless. for the next few posts, I’ve done a lot of list making, which is right up my alley so I’ve loved writing these.
inspired by one of my favorite youtubers, katy bellotte, these are ...

10 things that make me happy :

Jesus // when I get to sit down and just be with God in my quiet space, I am so filled with joy that I just want to dance around sometimes! what about eternal and everlasting love isn’t to love?
new books // when I get to open a new book and I’m the first one to “break” the spine, realizing that I’m the first one to read that copy of the book, it makes me that much more excited to dive into the story.
singing // I love singing in a group of dedicated singers, as well as just by myself. getting lost in the performance and at the end, hearing the applause (or if I’m in a lesson, some kind of constructive criticism) fills me with contentment and the want to continue improving and working.
clean sheets + made beds // I don’t make my bed as often as I should, but when it’s been a long day at school and I’ve finally finished my homework, being able to turn down the sheets before crawling in make me that much more excited to get to sleep and start the new day.
coffee // I’m a caffeine addict - I don’t like starting my day without a cup of coffee in my hand. while getting coffee at a fancy shop downtown is even better than a cup from a keurig, starting my day off with a burst of energy helps me believe that nothing can stand in my way.
the smell after a thunderstorm // walking outside after a summer storm and smelling that fresh and clean scent is something I wish I could bottle up and have as a fragrance on my bedside table.
kissing // when you get to share an intimate moment with someone you love and it’s filled with so much love, it’s a really special moment. and getting to experience that with someone you are really in love with makes the experience that much more special.
looking at old photographs // when I flip through old photographs, or change out the pictures in my frames, I am always filled with the memories that that photo contains and I love being able to reminisce about that time, even if it’s just for a few seconds. whether it’s remembering that great experience with someone, or just the friendship I share with them, it’s bound to put a smile on my face.
snail mail + writing // with being away at school, I’ve really enjoyed being able to sit down and write letters to friends and family at home, just for a change from texting and calling. I still get excited when I hear there’s mail for me - it’s like a mini present!
intellectual + insightful discussions // Adam (s/o to you! miss you tons!) has really taught me a lot when it comes to deep conversations, but the feeling of contentment I’m often filled with after one of those talks is really rewarding and I love knowing that I’ve learned something. it doesn’t matter if it’s over the phone, in person (my favorite), or through texting, I love getting lost in talks with great people that have something to teach me.

in Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...